chaper 1 - Outaku

Chikara sat on the sofa with the twins as he opened a notebook with "y/n's Diary" written in the corner. He smiled as he held it. "Is that mummy's?" Asked one of the twins as he just nodded. "I'll read it to you every night and then we could watch some videos of mummy after we finished this." They cheered. The twins wanted to be closer to their mother. They couldn't remember her and so Chikara thought it would be a good idea to do this.

༄༄༄

"Onni-chan!" I shouted as I saw Satori. I haven't seen him a long time, we usually call or text though. Satori wasn't my brother but my cousin, it was just a running joke that he was the closest thing I had to a brother.

He took my largest suitcase as we walked towards the exit of the airport. "Where is auntie and uncle?" I asked, curious why only he picked me up.

"They're back home," he answered laughing.

It really made me wonder what this boy was on but, even though I had no idea what he was laughing about, I started laughing too.

"What are we laughing about?" I managed to fit in between breaths.

"Oh, it's just that I remembered you were going to Karasuno. How did your parents pick that by the way?" his head leaned to the side.

I didn't see what the big deal was. Did he not like that school? Did it have a bad reputation? What if there were a bunch of thugs that went to that school? It'll be like year 7 all over again! My parents already bought the uniform though. And it was was a good uniform too.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just mention you know me when you see the volleyball club."

Volleyball club. Interesting. I haven't heard those words for a year... surprisingly, a smile formed on my lips. Very surprisingly. Even Satori was freaked out by my sudden smile.

"Is that your outaku smile showing? What? Did you just imagine your husbando, h/n, holding you in his arms?" he teased me as I elbowed him in the stomach, making him double over.

"I know that's like a major insult here, onni-chan!" I shouted at him in English.

It was fun shouting to brother figures. That was my first lesson since coming here.

༄༄༄

The day after I came to Japan was my first day if school. It was weird being around so many people as they stared at you. Some wondering who the new girl was and some wanting to guess if she spoke Japanese. I could speak just enough, my mother and Satori taught me but I learning in it? Luckily the teachers had English textbooks for me to read from. Oh if it wasn't for international publishing companies selling in bulk to schools around the world.

I put some effort into looked good today, my h/c hair straightened and curled just enough for it to look like a sort of bed hair as I had my cousin on facetime telling me that if I got close to a boy he would snap their fingers. Brother figures, am I right?

It was weird that a school had bowties for the girls and not normal bows. And the skirt didn't need rolling up like those nun skirts in London. I didn't wear the blazer but kept it in my hands just in case I wanted to wear it later on.

"And we have a student from London joining us," the teacher said as she motioned for me to get up.

I just looked awkward at her before realising I had to introduce myself. Scary.

So in my probably bad Japanese I mustered up the courage to introduce myself as I stood at my desk. Then I saw someone react to my surname. Only 5 minutes into the day and someone knows who I am. This is going to embarrassing.