Fells Like We Only Go Backwards

There was a fireworks festival going on that night. When I came to pick you up at your house there was a whole fuss between you and your aunt. Apparently, from what Tendou and your uncle told me, your aunt was trying to get you to wear a yukata. Apparently in this area it's common, which is why I thanked my father for letting me borrow his.

We're still not open about our relationship, we told them that we're going to be meeting the others later on. We aren't.

I've been thinking about you a lot. You seem less at ease than before, the others can't tell but I can. When we're alone, you want to kiss all of your problems away. I like it, of course, but I'm not sure you do. So I stop you, tell you we shouldn't because this isn't you. You always get all pouty afterwards, it's cute. But then you start to compliment me, tell me I'm a good person, that you're so lucky to have me. I always wonder what happened in your past, what made you so sad?

I've been so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't realise we were already out the door. You had snuggled your way under my arm, cute. I took in the sight of you in a yukata, wow. Just wow. It's your first time wearing it but you're pulling it off well. I don't care that it shows a bit of chest, I'm not going to comment on it until you do, it's your choice.

"You're taller than before. Did you have a growth spurt at the age 17?" You ask. I just nod. The sky is a bright pink hue. Sunset has never been more fun. You make my world light up. It's like in one of those old movies where it's snowing in london with those lamp posts and we swing around them until we meet at the middle and hung eachother. That's how I feel every time I see you. Is it possible to fall in love with someone more and more every day? Because that's how I feel with you.

You talk about how the weather is so nice. You like talking about weather, especially when it's bad. You say you don't mind rain, as long as it's warm and you don't have your hair done. You love it, actually. Say it's stress relieving. You also talk about how you like to walk in the rain with a cute umbrella and listen to music while you cry. Because no one looks towards a crying girl in the rain, they're too caught up with not getting wet or stepping in puddles.

What hurt you, Pumpkin?

You were amazed at the stalls. Said they were "so pretty" and asked me which ones were scams each time we came across a slightly dodgey stall.

You stopped at one, it was a common goldfish catching stall. There were so many kids. You were so mesmerised by the fish, or as you called them, "fishies." It was cute, you were cute. "Let's go," you say. Even though you tugged on my arm you still stayed in place, your eyes planted firmly on the fish. I know you would put up a fuss later if I didn't drag you away so I did.

We made our way out of the main area, we were by a little park area. "I have an idea," you said softly as you started walking towards the fort, expecting me to follow you. You were right, I did follow you.

I found myself sitting with you under the fort. Your head rested on my chest as we drank Red bull. We were too calm to get hyper. I was rubbing circles into your cheek with my fingers as we sat there listening to your music. This really does seem like a coming of age movie.

Putting my Red bull down, I wrapped my arms around your figure and pulled you closer to me. You yelped a bit, not expecting me to do that, but soon snuggled into me.

I tilted your head upwards and leaned forward a bit until our lips touched. It was a chaste kiss filled with love, soft and sweet. We continued the cycle of kissing and resting and then back to kissing until you decided it was time to go back home.