chapter 4 - Are You Bored Yet?

I sat on my towel with a bag of all my different sun screens. I would be dumb if I assumed the boys would bring their own. No one had come yet. I told them I would come a bit early and set up, which i did. I put up a sun umbrella for myself and 6 towels. I also made sure to scare off any men from the volleyball net just by being there 🤚😌. I didn't do anything for the coach or the teacher because they're fully grown adults and shouldn't depend children. The truth has been spoken.

I rummage around my bag to make sure I didn't forget anything for both the beach and the sleepover. I was so stressed out, hoping that I wouldn't mess up in front of his parents. Maybe they would hate me and talk about me behind my back once I leave and never let me come again. And lord I prayed that I wouldn't make a lewd reference in front of them. I was so worried that I even had two spare changes of clothes, one for if I couldn't arrive there in my swimsuit (it can be whatever you desire) and my over swim (if you don't know what it is, it's either like a large t-shirt or dress type of thing you wear over your swimming attire).

༄༄༄

Finally they came, first it was Ennoshita who arrived. He helped me stop worrying about if I was going to make a failure of myself in front of his family and also helped me set up the things it took two people to.

"So why did you want to play volleyball at a beach?" he asked. I just chuckled. "You do realise, not only is harder to walk but also run. So, I figured, not only will the sand motivate them not to let the ball touch the ground and get sand all over them, but it might also improve their stamina. And maybe the losing team has to go swim in the sea then come back and roll around on the sand. And they have to keep it on for the devilish time of 5 minutes." I saw the fear I struck in his eyes. My final boss form was showing as I grinned.

I got the same reaction from the others. Coach Ukai and Mr. Takeda congratulated me. I was also a bit surprised at how a few of them has grouped up and came in cars together. Kageyama and Hinata came with the Coach while the other second years looked like they had seen death on their way here with Tanaka’s older sister. And the third years seemed normal. Last but not least, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi had come. Yams was wearing a few of the hair clips I had told him to wear and they looked so cute on him. “Yamaguchi, you beautiful child! Just wait until Friday, Terushima and I will teach you the wonders of online shopping!!” He looked so confused and so did everyone else who didn’t know I was bffs with Teru. “We can talk about our mermaid tail colours too!” I joked, only Chikara seemed to understand it. I have good taste in friends. (OOF JUST GOT FRIENDZONEDDDD)

Once everyone was here, I watched as the boys played volleyball. Of course I was the one who brought the beach volleyball, who else would? Chikara and I were so close to calling out Mr. Takeda for wearing crocs but we controlled ourselves. We weren't gonna get a beating over something like that.

When Hinata started to complain I brought out my ruler and grinned. "So you think you can whine? Honey, I don't have any beaches back in London, one more peep and you don't get to swim to cool off after this. Is that clear?"
He got flustered and bowed, "Yes, Miss. (L/n)!" he shouted. I was running an army boot camp 🥰.

I was sitting, enjoying my drink in the shade of my umbrella. Yacht had finally warmed up to me, she and Kiyoko were asking all sorts of questions about me, from what London was like to how I found out my sexuality. We planned to meet up one day and talk more. Maybe even spend lunch together talking about being a manager.

We didn't really have managers back home, normally the teacher did everything for us. I did similar jobs to this though, being the captain of my secondary (high)school team and having a lot of connections came in handy.