chapter 2 - We Fell In Love In October

It had been a good two weeks since I met Chikara. He insisted I called him by his first name as he didn't feel fully comfortable with only him saying mine. It's hard to understand a whole different culture from the one you grew up learning.

In order to not offend anyone, I'm quiet and often hang out alone, unless I'm with people who understand how confused I am, like Ennoshita or the first years from the boys' volleyball club. On my free days I like to go to the local park and sketch. Today was no different.

So I sat on the fresh grass with my coat as a cushion and my iPad in my hands. I had my headphones on as to seem either unapproachable and so I don't get distracted. For the past year I liked to sketch myself playing volleyball. I missed it a lot but only recently did I like it again.

I jumped out of my skin as I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked up and no one was there, weird. Then I felt it again and it came from beside me, I was too late to turning around to find out who it was because as soon as I felt them next to me, I noticed them moving my headphone to behind my ear.

My hands shook as I was too scared to turn or run. I felt the person's breath as the neared my ear and laughed. "Whatcha listening to?" My face turned sour as I turned to see Chikara. What did I do next? I darn right swatted his arm. He flinched as I stopped. "Don't do that again!" I shouted to him before going back to sketching.

He watched as I did all sorts of manoeuvres with my fingers on the screen. He was chuckling no doubt.

Out of nowhere I stopped and took my headphones off and put them on him carefully. I moved one side behind his ear and smiled, "Now you know what I'm listening to. Nice? Right?" I was listening to We Fell In Love In October by Girl In Red. Chikara nodded and I giggled a bit. "I see why you like to draw with this song," he said with a large smile.

A blush grew on my face as I went back to sketching myself. "You can talk to me while I do this, it won't distract me a lot."

"You're an interesting person," I heard him say before we went quiet for a few minutes. He listened to that one Girl in Red loop at least twice before I started a conversation with him. We talked about all sorts of things and he was just so fun to talk to that I put my iPad away.

The topic of my friends in Japan came up and I remembered that I did actually have a friend in the area. I told Ennoshita about him, we were murals on Instagram and when I found out he played Volleyball I decided that I wanted to be friends with him. "He's in our year. Just recently became Captain as his seniors retired. I miss being captain..." a soft smile formed and I looked off to the side. In the corner of my eyes I could see Chikara looking at me. His sweet gaze making me blush. I looked back at him and smiled more before laughing, "He's the captain for Johzenji. I heard you've played them. He's a really cool person," I looked down and saw him fiddling with the grass.

Out of nowhere I fiddled with a patch of grass next to his and looked up at him. "You're a super cool person, Chikara," I said in a quiet voice. His face flushed as he realised. "Um, it's a nice day-" he got flustered as gave my headphones back, "Someone called you and it picked up straight away. Do you want me to sit over there while you speak?" He asked. I shook my head and told him to stay while I see who called me.

I hung up after a while. "It was Yamaguchi, he was forgot when we planned to meet up. Sweet boy."

"You're like an older sister to the first years," he said teasingly. I just responded with a nod.

༄༄༄

After a while, we had moved our spot to in front of Coach's store. Chikara bought us both ice teas as I told him how different busy bee London was to this calm and quiet environment. From the shops to the people to the animals on the street.

He listened intently, laughing at every horrible jokes I cracked. I was comfortable for once. Comfortable around someone who didn't expect everything from me. I was so comfortable I didn't even get to talk about his clothes. He had such a different style to most of the guys I knew. Fashion trends really are different all around the world, no matter how similar nations are.

"I heard there are good beaches in Japan. We should go to one in a few days!" I only ever went to beaches on holidays. The banks of the River Thames really weren't very relaxing. "Oh! We could bring the team with us! And I'll invite Satori and Terushima! It could be so much fun!" I beamed, which put an even wider smile on his face. It was like he could tell I wanted to hug him as he was ready to hug me back as I wrapped my arms around him.

I turned to Coach Ukai and pointed to him, "We could teach the boys beach volleyball! And bc of the surface, it'll help them improve too!" Y/n, you need to get a hold of yourself. Beaches aren't that exciting, are they? I asked myself over and over again. Now that I think about it, it might've been because it would mean i get to spend more time with Chikara

༄༄༄

Hi! Poise here, I'm not currently sticking to a posting schedule but expect it every week/fortnight until I come out with one.

Next chapter is about y/n and Terushima meeting and basically being bffs. Yamaguchi will also be in it!