Prologue

After my parent's deaths, I never thought I would be going back to America, and yet, here I found myself boarding a plane to New York.

Man, was I nervous.

I hadn't been in New York for seven years, and I was unsure as to how familiar I would be with the place I once called home. How familiar would I be with my family?

I was well aware of my accent change, height change, and...other changes.

How familiar would my family be with me?

I walked slowly through the aisle, searching for seat 24D. After finding the aisle seat—which I internally happy danced for—I stored my carry-ons in the overhead compartment and seated myself.

Fortunately, I had no seat buddies, so I was free to relax as the plane began to roll down the strip.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Pilot speaking. Please ensure your belts are on, phones are silent, and pay heed to the flight attendants' instructions on how to properly protect yourself in the event of an emergency."

From there, I allowed my mind to wander toward New York again.

Once in New York, for how long would I stay? I'm sure Uncle Larry would not want me to stay with him, so where would I stay?

Would Uncle Larry pick me up? Would he recognise me? Would I recognise him?

The endless questions ran through my mind as I closed my eyes and fell into a heavy slumber.

When I awoke, I would be in New York.