Chapter 2

Chapter 2

                     Izuku's POV

We walked downstairs. I sat down at the table while mom went through the cabinets. "How about we heat up some ramen Izuku?" She asked while looking around for anything else. "Sounds g-good to m-me mom." I stuttered out still trying to calm down from earlier. I heard the water turn on and fill what sounded like the kettle so she could boil the water. After a while she came back in the room and sat down on the couch next to me. "Alright Izuku. What's wrong?" She asked while worry filled her voice. I guess I haven't woken her up like this in a while huh. I thought to myself.

"I had t-that night-tmare ag-gain." I started feeling the tears well up in my eyes. I felt her wrap her arms around me. "Oh my baby. Don't worry you’re ok. I'm here for you." She told me in a hushed tone. We sat there for a while. I just bawled my eyes out. "It feels good to do that every once in a while." "Yes yes it does so don't hesitate to come to me for help." She told me "Sorry I didn't mean to say that" I responded. She shook her head at me "Don't worry about it honey. Here let's talk about something else to get your mind off it will that help?" She asked, trying to cheer me up. I nodded. 

"Now it's summer and I know you want to study but you should also try to visit some of your friends sometime." She told me. "I-I have a l-lot of work to d-do mom. Especially if I-I want to get into t-the highschool I want." I told her as I rubbed the last of the tears away. Her head perked up. "Oh? And which one would that be? You've been quite secretive about that" She said clearly enthusiastic about this. " Oh ummm just you know...UA…" I managed to whisper out.

Then all of a sudden I'm being brought into a hug bear bug with a squealing woman of a mother. "Eeeeeeh I can't wait! My baby wants to be a hero like his momma! Don't worry you'll do great they just lifted the ban on quirkless in the hero class although I'm sure you already knew. Wait til I tell your uncle Mic and Eraser about this." She said way too hyper for a person who just woke up at 2 in the morning.

"W-wait m-mom...I'm n-not going to be a h-hero...I-I want to be a p-part of the support course." I stuttered out. Oh god she is gonna hate me. She will be mad that I don't want to be a hero. She will be upset and kick me out. Then-"Oh really? That's great!." She said cutting off my thoughts. "W-wait you aren't mad?" I asked her in disbelief." Why would I be mad? You made your decision and I was afraid you might feel forced into trying to be a hero." She explained.

"Really? I'm glad you understand I'm afraid I'd choke up if there was a fire or something involved." I told her. "Understandable I herd Iida and Todoroki are going so you'll have a few friends. When was the last time you visited them?" She asked me again with some worry in her voice. "Don't worry I was planning to go this week. Although I'm not sure if I should visit Shoto-kun, last time I did it didn't go well for me or Endeavor." "True but I from what my agency told me he is been busy this summer." She said, encouraging me to go.

Shoto and Ilda are my closest friends. We met when Mom took me to an event for heroes. They were allowed to bring their families and most left their kids at home. However Iida's brother brought him along to show him what kinds of things heroes do. And Endeavor brought Shoto just to brag about how strong he was. I was 8 years old when this happened and we have been friends ever since. 

"Alright I'll see if they want to hangout then….later though cause it's still early." "True we should eat then go back to bed huh." She laughed. I nodded. We finished our ramen and went back to our rooms and went back to sleep.