Chapter 1- Skateboarding

Kit's Pov.

    It had been almost three years after Kit had moved to Devon, Jarrad had been welcoming to Kit when he first got there and Jarrad's family had let Kit train at the institute, so he knew that they were good people. Jarrad had been quick to befriend Kit and introduce him to the rest of his Shadowhunter buddies.

   Kit enjoyed spending time with Jarrad and the rest of his friends (despite the relentless teasing he received for dying his hair brown) but there was someone he would much rather spend his time with. A certain grey eyed person that kept popping into Kit's train of thought and distracting him from the task at hand. Now was one of those such times.

    When Jarrad had first shown Kit the skate park, about two weeks after he had arrived in Devon, he had immediately become interested in the sport (but he still didn't know if it classified as a sport, even though everyone kept telling him it was, he still planned to google it someday) At first, Kit hadn't been too good at skateboarding, but his Shadowhunter training came in handy, especially when it came to balancing on the thin slab of wood. 

   He had quickly gotten quite good at doing jumps and flips in the air while keeping the board somewhere near his feet, close enough so that when he was landing the board was there. His mundane friends had been impressed at how quickly he picked up the sport, but his Shadowhunter buddies had been less impressed, knowing that his training helped, taunting him about how 'slow' it was taking him to get better and that it had only taken them a couple days to get the hang of it. 

   They taunted him even though they knew he was better than them, and could beat them in any competition. It was all good-natured and Kit laughed along with them, always enjoying their presence, but that annoyingly attractive pair of grey eyes continued to show up and distract him at the most inconvenient of times.

   Seeing as he was mid-jump and about to attempt a difficult trick on his skateboard, now would be considered as one of those inconvenient times. Kit quickly readjusted his position mid-air and did a simple front flip, landing gracefully on the tarmac.

   "Dude, what happened! I really thought you'd be able to do it this time!" Harry, slowly making his way over, called out to him. Harry was a cool guy, he was kind and had a puppy-ish aura about him. He was very approachable, not to mention attractive, with wide green eyes and natural blond hair, and although he was mundane, he had quite a muscular body that made his t-shirts strain over his biceps.

   "I don't know, I guess I've just had a lot on my mind recently and got distracted." Kit replied. Jarrad gave him a suspicious look and 'hmm' -ed at him, signaling that he had an idea at what was on Kits mind, which would lead to a conversation that Kit would not want to have. 

   "Shoot, I have to meet Tessa at the shop in a couple of minutes. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow" It was a blatant lie, and very obvious, especially considering the shops were closed already.

   "Alright, man, see you later" Harry replied, oblivious to the fact that Kit was lying.

   Jarrad gave Kit another suspicious look but didn't object.

   Kit quickly gathered his stuff into his bag, set his skateboard on the ground, said a few goodbye's to the rest of the guys and quietly went home, swerving around corners and hopping on and off of curbs. He got home after fifteen minutes of constantly pushing those beautiful grey eyes out of his mind. He unlocked the door to the mansion and went up to his room.

   When Kit had first arrived at the Carstairs Devon Manor House he had been speechless at the sheer size of the place, not knowing what to say, It had four floors plus an attic, and too many living rooms to count. Kit's room was on the second floor, when he choose it he thought it was a smart choice, thinking that he wouldn't have to take too many stairs to his room after training. It turned out to be a nightmare for the first two years, with Mina's bedroom right next to his, he woke up to her screaming almost every night. That had mostly stopped but still happened occasionally if Mina had a bad dream. 

   He walked into his en suite bathroom and quickly stripped to take a shower, using his favourite coconut body wash. Once he got out he threw on a pair of blue checkered pyjama bottoms, leaving his chest bare and settling down on his bean bag for a couple games of Call of Duty. Afterwards, nearly two in the morning, he crawled into bed and fell asleep, dreaming of a haunting pair of grey eyes.

                                                                    ~~~

Hi! This is my first fanfic, so I apologize if it's horrendous! Please tell me if I have any bad grammar or if I've misspelled something, because that always gets on my nerves. 

I have no knowledge about skateboarding or video games so if anyone could give me some pointers/advice on either it would be greatly appreciated!

850 words, I think I could do better, but I'm not sure, we'll find out in future chapters (don't count on it, I probably won't update for ages)

I have a couple ideas of what to do with the plot, but I haven't decided anything yet, please tell me if there's anything specific you'd like to see, conversation points, actions anything really.

Please vote, comment and follow!

Yours, LittleBunny xxx