Chapter 13- Arriving at Cirenworth

Kit's Pov

   Arriving back at Cirenworth was different, when he walked through the door Mina didn't run up and beg him to play with her, Tessa's smile didn't reach her eyes like it used to and Jem wasn't talking to anyone. It was a shock and rather depressing for Kit to see his family like this.

   He gave a sad smile as Tessa walked up to him and wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug. He was glad to be back, he just wished it was under different circumstances.

   "I'm happy that you're okay." Tessa said to him after pulling out of the hug.

   After another sad smile Kit turned to Ty.

   "Guys, you remember Ty?"

   "Yeah. Hello, it's nice to see you again Ty. " Tessa gave Ty a small smile and Ty nodded in return.

   And the conversation stopped there. The atmosphere was sad and depressing, no one wanted to say anything, mainly because there was nothing to say. What do you say when your little sister gets kidnapped by faeries who you didn't even know who existed until three years ago?

   "I'm going to show Ty around if that's alright"

   "Go ahead, honey." Tessa gave another sad smile -why was there so many sad smiles?- before they went upstairs.

   Kit walked up the stairs, making sure Ty was following him and went in the direction of the guest rooms. Well, the guest room closest to Kit's room. He opened the door and showed Ty inside.

   "You'll be staying in this room and my room is just two doors down, so if you drop your stuff here I can show the rest of the house." Ty put his stuff on the bed then followed Kit out of the room.

   Kit showed Ty around the house. The kitchen, the living rooms, the bedrooms (at least the ones where people slept,) the bathrooms and the way out to the back garden, which had a treehouse and a small pool. The pool was covered most of the year due to cold weather, but on sunny days Mina used to drag them out into the garden so they could all swim together, like a shark family, Mina used to say.

   The rest of the day passed by quickly, Kit was wondering when a second note from The Riders would arrive and Ty was worried about Kit- an emotion he was not used to feeling.

   They had pizza for dinner because Jem didn't want to cook. Jem always loved cooking and would make something new every night. He said that he had missed out on a lot when he was a Silent Brother and he wanted to learn something new when he had become human again. He had learned to cook, Tessa said that it was a good idea because she was a terrible cook and would never make anything nutritious for Kit and Mina.

   They all sat at the table, no one saying anything, and ate their dinner in silence. Kit was wrapped up in his thoughts, thinking about Mina and hoping she was safe. She was so young and was probably terrified of The Riders. He hoped that The Riders weren't hurting her because he would fucking destroy them if he found out they had. She was his baby sister and if anyone hurt her they would bloody pay for it!

   Stupid Riders being stupid assholes. How dare they take her!

   Kit realized that he had teared up and was nearly crying.

   "I'm going to bed." He announced, standing up from the table and walked away before anyone could protest. If Mina was there she would have screamed at him to stay and eat dinner with them. She would've screamed and cried until he sat back down. But leaving the table then no one called back to him, no one screamed and demanded his presence at dinner. He missed that. He missed her.

   He went up they stairs to his room. He took of his shirt and changed into a pair of grey sweatpants, laying flat on his stomach, his head resting in his arms, on his bed.

   Silently, he let a few tears fall, they rolled down his forearms and stained the pillow. As the rest of the day caught up to him the tears flew more freely and frequently. He was sobbing into his pillow. A quiet knock sounded at the door.

   "Kit, its me, Ty. Can I come in?" Kit sat up and rubbed at his eyes, willing the tears to go away before calling to Ty to come in.

   Ty walked in and registered the scene in front of him. Kit sitting on his bed shirtless with tear stains running down his face. He walked over and sat next to Kit on the bed, leaning against the wall.

   "Tell me. Tell me what you need, Kit."

   Kit looked over, remembering that night on the roof and the words he had spoken to Ty. He found he needed now what Ty needed then.

   "Hold me." His voice come out quiet and broke at the end of his sentence.

   Ty put his arms around Kits shoulders and held him tightly. Kit leaned into the embrace and put his arms around Ty's waist, resting his head on Ty's shoulder. Ty gently stroked Kits back and shoulder in attempts to comfort him but he continued to sob quietly into Ty's shoulder. He gripped the fabric of Ty's shirt tightly, hoping it might help him regain some composure.

   After half an hour of sitting with Ty like that, Kit eventually started to calm down. His tears came slower and his breaths became more even. Kit slowly sat up and wiped his eyes with the back of his hands.

   "I'm sorry for freaking out like that. I know you were probably uncomfortable." Kit's voice came out smaller than usual.

   "You didn't make me uncomfortable. I wanted you to feel better, and when I feel sad I feel better when someone hugs me." Then after a slight pause, "Did it make you feel better?"

   Kit smiled at Ty's words, "Yes. I feel a bit better. Thank you Ty."

   Ty brought his arms up around Kit again and squeezed him tightly before saying goodnight. Kit liked being in Ty's arms, he was strong and supported Kit easily. Ty made him feel safe.

   He drifted off to sleep not long after Ty left, remembering the feeling of being held by Ty and the shared warmth of their body heat.

                                                                    ~~~

Guys, I'm really sorry for not posting in ages, I'll try upload more but things are crazy at home right now so don't be expecting wonders!

Please comment, vote and follow.

Yours, LittleBunny xxx