Chapter 3- Training and Justin

Kit's Pov

    Kit arrived at the Institute and walked inside, pushing his hand against the door and letting his nephilim blood open it for him. He had found it unbelievable the first time he had done it, back in L.A, but he had been doing it ever since, never asking for a set of keys to the Devon or L.A Institutes while he was there, He thought it would be a waste of time and money to get a new key cut when he could just open the door with his hand.

   He walked through the Institute, admiring the paintings on the walls while making his way to the training room. He opened the door and stepped inside to see Jarrad and Damien sparring with a pair of training swords, which were blunt so there was less chance of getting injured during training, not to mention that when younger ones started training they hardly had control of the heavy instrument and had to build up strength  before they could wield the weapon properly. 

   Damien, Jarrad's older brother by two years, was hot. He was very, very, hot in Kit's opinion, and in the opinions of lots of Shadowhunters and mundanes alike. Damien had deep blue eyes which looked striking against his jet black hair. He was extremely muscular and about six foot tall, probably taller. Kit didn't have a crush on Damien, he just thought Damien was unbelievably sexy, there was a difference. Besides Damien thought Robert Downey Jr. was a better Sherlock than Benedict Cumberbatch, so Damien was obviously an idiot. And Kit could never date an idiot.

   Jarrad was the only one who knew about Kit being pansexual, if he was already out he would have been shamelessly flirting with Damien the moment he stepped through the training room door, but alas, he was still in Narnia so he could not try to get Damien in bed. Shame really, that boy was hot. And straight, very straight.

   Jarrad flopped down on the floor with a loud noise, haven been beaten by his brother, who was now holding the blunt sword to Jarrad's neck. Damien reached down a hand and helped Jarrad off of the training mats.

   Damien walked over to one of the benches against the wall to get a drink from his bottle. Kit walked over to Jarrad to start a conversation before training.

   "Hey, I see you've been getting your arse kicked" Kit said with a smirk.

   "Shut up, I could beat you any day and you know it"

   "Whatever

   "Anyway, you've been thinking about Ty, haven't you" Kit had told Jarrad about his time in L.A and about Ty. Jarrad was always concerned about Kit knowing that Kit still hadn't gotten over Ty.

   "I have not been thinking about Ty" Refusing to admit to pining over his ex-best friend and crush, you see Ty, unlike Damien, had a brain. He loved animals and Sherlock Holmes and knew that Cumberbatch was the better Sherlock. Or all of that had changed during the time they had been apart and Kit was unaware.

   "Kit, I know when you're lying and I know you've been thinking about Ty." Jarrad said, a bit more forcefully than the other times he had spoken to Kit that day.

   "Who's Ty?" Damien said, jumping into the conversation, like it was any of his business.

   "Ty is the name of a gorilla living in a zoo in Portugal" Kit responded sarcastically, hoping Damien would get the hint and leave.

   "Why would you be talking about a gorilla?" Damien asked, unknowledgeable of the fact that Kit wanted him to leave.

   "Doesn't matter, let's train!" Kit exclaimed with excitement he didn't feel.

                                                                                         ~~~

   To say that Kit worked his butt off in training that day would be an understatement. By the time they had finished it was 2pm and Kit was exhausted, and extremely hungry. Kit got up and walked to the kitchen, along with the other two boys, who were equally tired and hungry as Kit was. They decided to make some turkey sandwiches with mustard for a snack and order pizza.