CHAPTER 4

Taehyun opened his eyes. He couldn't believe that he sang once again. As someone who lives like a rat, he knew that talent could only mean one thing. Cash. That made him hate his voice. He only wanted to be appreciated, not to be used as a source of income. He looked at the surroundings, checking if someone's near him. After concluding that there's none, he sighed, relieved. He hates his voice but he loves singing so much that he could not help it. Every night, he would go out for a walk and sing on his very own imaginary stage with the moon and stars and his flock as his audience. "If only they could appreciate me the way you guys do." Taehyun uttered under his breathe while stroking his sheeps.

The cold wind blew softly, with care, brushing off the soft locks on his forehead. Although it was cold, strangely, he felt comfortable. It's as if the wind is sympathizing with him. At a distance, Hueningkai was watching him. Seeing the young man smile because of the wind made him melt. It instantly made a smile on his face. He would love to do more for Taehyun but he is anxious of how the other would react if he suddenly pops up out of nowhere. "Why don't you go there and meet him in person?" Hueningkai hid his blush and answered, keeping his cool, "Why would I?" The Moon god chuckled, "You basically have a crush on him. Why won't you reveal yourself? Since when did air nymphs learned to become cowards?" The Moon god's suggestion didn't make Hueningkai mad at all. He, himself, knew that he finds Taehyun endearing and charming. He looked at the young man then to the god beside him, "If I show myself now, I will only scare him, my god. I'd rather wait or do things on my own way." He answered as he faced the Moon god, both anxiousness and determination visible in his eyes.

As soon as Taehyun fell asleep, Hueningkai gently flew towards him. He stared at the shepherd's face for a while. The nymph realized that he was wrong. Taehyun is not only mesmerizing, he also has the beauty blessed by Apollo for he shines even at the darkest hours. "Would you come to me and be my love?" He blurted out as he admire the other. He automatically covered his mouth, afraid that he would wake the poor shepherd up. What happened next made him weak, Hueningkai felt his heart skipped a beat for his sudden confession earned an unexpected response. Taehyun smiled.