Reunited. (Engineer x Sick Child Reader)

This was incredibly rushed so I'm sorry if the quality isn't the greatest.

This was requested by Khrisna Panganiban and she also helped me edit it. So go give her love as well!

Anyway enjoy!

I sniffled as I woke up in my box house in an alley. I needed to ask people for money again. It seemed to work last time! I grabbed my bowl and my stuffed bunny and went to the entrance. I put out my bowl and put a smile on my face. Can I have some money please?" I whispered

My body felt weaker again today. So I talked quieter. 

Engineer and Pyro were walking around the town during ceasefire, so they decided to hang out by taking a stroll.

I kept on crying out as best I could."Please? Can I have something?" I asked feebly. Someone put a nickel in my bowl."Thank you mister." I said gratefully as I coughed a bit. 

"So Pahro want ya want to do?" Engineer asked the giddy firebug.

Pyro pointed excitedly at the candy store Engineer rolled his eyes smiling, he didn't expect anything less. Engineer followed him to the sweet shop and bought them what they wanted.

Pyro giddily looked at his lollipops and stared at them in wonder

I was coughing a bit but it was fine! It happens a lot. I looked up and saw a short person walking by. I coughed and held out my bowl. "C-can I have some m-money mister?" I whispered. He looked down at me. 

Engineer felt sorry for the girl so he gave her 5 dollars.

I cried out in joy. That's the most I got this week! I looked up at him and coughed more but kept a smile on my face. "Th-thank you mister!" I said.

"No problem, but mind if I ask. Why are you here in the alleyway?" He asked me while kneeling on one leg.

I coughed more and looked back at him. "Mommy went with Grandma in the sky and Daddy went to war. He said to wait here until he came back"I rasped out. My voice was really low..

He patted my head. "Do ya want to have a place to stay for a while while ya wait your father?" He offered.

"I already have a place to stay!" I exclaimed. He looked confused. "Where?" He asked. 

I pointed to my box house that was in the corner of the alley. "That's my house! But it's falling apart a bit." I looked back at him. "Can you help me fix it?" I sniffled and coughed some more.

"I think ya need a better home..." He looked back at the almost broken box.

I nodded. "Can you help me find another box? Please?" I asked him as best I could. I coughed even more, and it started to hurt.

"Are ya ok? Want me to bring ya to a doctor?" He frantically asked me. 

I shook my head, "N-no, this was happening for a while, I'm fine!" I tried to say excited, but I coughed even more, harder. Red stuff was starting to come out of my mouth. "Th-that didn't happen before…" I rasped. 

"Oh shoot. I quickly carried her and called Pyro. We were going to bring her to Medic.

I coughed more and clutched my stuffed kitty "Mister,l need to stay there. My dad needs to know I'm there."

Pyro was confused about why an even more tiny baby was here, but he rolled with it.

Engineer went inside his truck and gently laid her down onto Pyro.