𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

Sunday was an awkwardly quiet and embarrassing day for Yukako and, the only reason being as to why is because of her dad. He was as quiet as always at home but, instead of being okay with it, Yukako hated it. Absolutely hated it.

When she came home Saturday night, after her date with Koichi, she was relieved to know that her dad was already asleep. She didn't want to face him, guilt eating away at her heart for these past four years. She hated this feeling. This feeling of guilt and sorrow all twisted to make the perfect recipe for suffocation. Her heart wanted to stop beating altogether.

Not once did she speak to her father on Sunday and Kaito didn't mind too much. He knew that Yukako would go through a period where she wouldn't know what to do after figuring out her feelings. She had two choices, keep blaming Kaito just to make herself feel better or, realize that Kaito tried his best to do what was right for Elias. Just like he does every day for his daughter.

~

Yukako did her usual routine for school (wake up, take a shower, get dressed, ignore her dad, eat, then leave for school) but, add in the suffocating feeling in her chest and, it didn't feel so usual anymore.

Just as the ravenette turned to walk towards the front door, she noticed something. In front of the door was her father. He had his arms crossed in front of his chest, his face stern, almost as if he were a bouncer at a night club.

Yukako paused for a moment, lowering her head before reluctantly walking to the front door. Kaito smiled softly at his daughter's behavior, knowing exactly how she felt in that moment. The young female had no idea how to face him but, she didn't have to know. For, in this moment, she didn't have to do anything but listen.

When Yukako reaches the door, head still lowered, she didn't dare look up at her father. She couldn't. Her bottom lip quivered as she tried her best to formulate what to say but, her eyes widened in surprise when large, warm hands gently grabbed the sides of her face, tilting her head up. Her violet eyes widened further, as wide as saucers, when she felt Kaito give her a gentle and loving kiss on her forehead. Pulling back, Kaito used his thumbs to wipe away the tears that abruptly trickled down his daughter's pale cheeks. Kaito smiled softly once more, his forest green eyes filling with pure affection only a father would have for his daughter.

The older male rested his head against Yukako's and whispered, "Have a good day at school sweetheart. I love you very much."

At that moment, Yukako's heart couldn't take anymore and she broke down. Tears pouring down her cheeks as she tightly wrapped her arms around her father's waist. Kaito returned the hug, placing one hand on Yukako's back, rubbing it, and another hand behind her head, pulling her into his chest. Kaito ran his fingers through his daughter's black hair as he rested his lips on the top of her head, his body swaying side to side as a form of comfort.

"I'm sorry dad. I- I'm so sorry for everything! I-"

Kaito quickly cut her off, "Shhhh, it's okay mi amor (my love). It's okay. I know."

Yukako couldn't help but slightly smile when she heard her dad speak Spanish. It always seemed to calm her down.

After a few minutes of crying her eyes out in Kaito's chest, Yukako backed up from the hug and furiously wiped her tears away. Looking up at her dad, she gave him a small, shy smile. Kaito smiled back at his daughter, face showing nothing but pure, unadulterated affection.

"I'm so sorry, again, dad."

Kaito snorted, "Nah, it's fine. It's not like you ignored me for four years straight or anything of the sort."

Yukako shook her head and chuckled softly, punching her dad lightly in the shoulder, "You're so mean."

Kaito smiled, "So I've been told."