A Frozen Heart

Eli's fear is so strong, that it sucks the blizzard back into him and then it bursts out like a sharp snowflake. I get struck in the chest, and from the gasp behind me I assume that Anna has been struck right in the heart as well. I grasp my chest in pain and stumble back. I fell to my knees. I hear Eli gasp when he sees me and Anna. Just then, Olaf and Kristoff rush into the room and I signal them to Anna's side. I see Eli's blue boots come running to me. I feel him kneel down in front of me.

"A-are you okay? I'm sorry." he asks me, grabbing my shoulders and looking me directly in the eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." I say, standing up, determined to hide my pain. Eli sees Kristoff.

"Wait, who's this? Wait, it doesn't matter. You have to go." He says, letting go of me, and I nearly fell over from the lack of his weight.

"No." Anna says, firmly

"I know we can figure this out together..." I tell him, pleading.

"How? What power do you have to stop this winter? To stop me?" He asks me, desperate. I don't have an answer. I see spiky ice shadows creeping down the walls.

"Ellie, I think we should go." Kristoff says and I turn around, seeing him with an arm around Anna.

"No. I'm not leaving without you, Eli." I turn back around, trying not to cry, as I look at Eli.

"Yes, you are." He looks away, sounding heartbroken. He waves his arms and builds a giant, menacing snowman. The snowman, I'm gonna call him Marshmallow, picks Anna and Kristoff in one hand, and Olaf in the other. He gently nudges me forwards with his knee. We walk out the door and then he throws Anna, Kristoff and Olaf onto the ground at the bottom of the stairs, Olaf, landing on a rock in three different parts. Marshmallow gently nudges me down the stairs.

"Okay, Okay, we're going!" I say putting my hands up and walking down the stairs. As I reach the bottom, I see Anna rolling a snowball in her hand.

"It is not nice to throw people!" She goes to throw the snowball, but I race over and grab her hands.

"All right feisty pants. Calm, down. Woaw. Just let the snowman be." I tell her.

"Okay.. I am calm." She goes and turns away, only to turn back too quickly for me to grab her again and throws the snowball. The tiny little ball hits Marshmallow's back, not making even the slightest dent. But it's enough to infuriate him. He roars, spikes shoot out of his joints.

"Now you've made him mad!" Kristoff says to her.

"You guys go, I'll distract him!" Olaf tells us. We start running and so does the rest of his body apparently, when I hear him shout out. "No! Not you guys!"

Marshmallow comes after us. We leap and slide down a steep slope. We tumble to a stop at the bottom just as Marshmallow lands hard right behind us. We keep running again...through a maze of conifers that sag under the weight of the snow, Marshmallow hot on our trail.

"This way!" Kristoff says, dragging Anna behind him. I follow him and grab a branch of sagging trees and release all of the snow. The tree snaps upright, knocking Marshmallow back.

"Yes! I got him!" I yell out, triumphant. We burst out of the forest and I almost ran right off the edge of a cliff before Kristoff stopped me, putting his arm out.

"Whoa, stop!" he says.

"It's a hundred foot drop." Anna says, looking over the edge, as Kris rummages through his satchel.

"It's two hundred." I correct her. Kristoff pulls out the rope and starts tying it around us. Once finished tying the rope, he starts to dig around in the snow. "Uhh, what are you doing?" I ask him.