Good Health, Bad Times

You were certain you were already dead. The figure that leaped in front of you, the flash of light, surely it was just your vision sputtering out as you lie still in your final moments. So, despite being in the middle of Sahal's teleport gate, you lie flat on the ground, accepting a fate that never happened.

The last thing you remembered doing was giving Silica a small thumbs up when she was at your side, pleading for you to be alive at the time. It at least got her to calm down and get most of the attention off of you. Several people still gave the odd stare, though. Roughly one minute passed before you snapped back to reality and attempted to stand. On your own, it was slow, clumsy, and actually kind of difficult with the current pain in your chest.

Silica, who was leaning on one of the gate's pillars, quickly moved over to help you up on her shoulder.

"You feel any better now?"

"Good enough to stand... I think."

"I'm gonna let go, then. Ready? One, two..."

She then let go of you, leaving you to stand on your own. Immediately you stumbled forward, but soon you managed to balance yourself despite your poor health. Oh, right, your HP. That hadn't improved any, still in the low red zone, but thankfully it hadn't gotten any worse. Still, you needed whatever ailment was hurting you gone, and fast. There was a clinic near Sahal's entrance, right on the corner of a busy marketplace.

"Thanks for your help, Silica. I need a doctor, but I can find one on my own. So... see ya."

"Wait, what? Already?"

"Yeah. I've got what I need for the delivery, right?"

"You do, but you're still really hurt. I don't wanna leave you just yet."

"I'll be fine, I swear."

"But-"

"Seriously. Just let me handle myself, alright? We're in a safe zone."

"Oh... okay." You could feel the strong disappointment in her voice.

"Ah... maybe you could do something else for me? You've already done a lot, so I get it if you don't wanna."

Her face lit up immediately. "Huh? What is it?"

"I don't know how long I'll be recovering for, so could you bring these stones to Liz?"

"Sure! I'll make sure she knows where you are, too, otherwise she'll be worried sick."

"I really hope she doesn't... I don't wanna be another source of stress for her, I mean. Hopefully that didn't come out too badly."

"So you totally do care about her like that!"

"That's not... I mean... yeah, but now's really not the time!"

You would probably bet money at this point that she did something to try and set you two up when you got back. She wasn't wrong, but you didn't really want to be open about that yet.

After giving her the sandstones, you parted ways with Silica and went to the local clinic. The town was fairly busy for the time of day. Hopefully that meant the place was still open with it being sunset. It felt much warmer than when you first arrived. And that pain in your chest was starting to grow.

When you got to the clinic, you noticed that the lights were still on. Right beside the door was a missing poster for some NPCs in the area. Odd that most people were ignoring it, since that definitely screamed quest trigger, but to be fair, you weren't exactly jumping at the opportunity right then.

You let yourself into the building, which was empty at first glance. No one stood at the reception desk, nor was there anyone on the benches to your side. The walls were bare, but that was common in these desert houses. The rugs were usually fancy, though, and this place was no exception. Everything had an odd ambience to it, but you didn't get too much time to soak in the scenery. The doctor had arrived to serve you.