𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

RICKY'S POV
months flew by so quickly and before i know it, we were about three weeks away from the wedding. nini and i were busy as hell. besides wedding planning, we were always called for interviews in magazines and tv show appearances. even though, in every single one, we were always asked the same questions such as "how did you two meet?" or "how did you propose?" i wasn't sick of it. i loved talking about our craziest (and maybe cliche) love story and i will never get tired of telling the world about it.

while i was busy talking to mine and nini's parents, asking them if they got their plane tickets, i hear the door open and see nini carrying the bags of groceries. i bid goodbye to the parents and i walk up to her so i could help her.

"hey baby, thanks for helping me." she tells me quietly as i grab the shopping bags from her and set it on the kitchen counter. i notice her face getting pale and i touch her forehead. "nins, you're burning up, i think you're having a fever."

nini looks up to me, "what, no i'm perfectly fi-woah." and she stumbles and holds my arms for support. "ok, hold on to me."

i take nini to our bedroom carefully and i tuck her into bed. i take out the thermometer from the drawer so i could check her temperature and i started to panic. "nins, you definitely have a fever. do you want me to call a doctor?" i can call a doctor right now, just stay put i-"

nini holds my hand and stops me, "no need to call a doctor, babe. just some medicine and rest would be ok."

"are you sure?" i ask her and she nods, sinking in to the pillows.

a few minutes later, i bring her some soup, a glass of water and some medicine and set it on her bedside table. i start to feed her some soup and make her drink her medicine before she could rest again. suddenly, we hear her phone buzz and see a notification. "holy shit, i forgot i was supposed to call the wedding planner today!"

i rub her hands using my thumb, making her out down her phone, "babe, i'll talk to the wedding planner. you stay here and rest ok?" she smiles at me and rubs the base of my neck. "thank you, i love you."

i leave and call our wedding planner to talk about last minute preparations. after an hour, i walk back to our bedroom and see her sleeping peacefully. i sit at the edge of her bed, replacing the wash cloth on her head and brush off her hair. she suddenly flutters her eyes and sits up. "hi, were you able to talk to the wedding planner?"

"yup, everything is settled." i reply as she gives me a huge smile and sighs in relief. "you know, you shouldn't be this close to me. you might catch the flu."

"nah it's fine." i tell her as i rub her her shoulders and she relaxes. "i don't really care. if i get sick, at least we get sick together. plus, i'd risk everything just to be with you."

she slaps my chest lightly and she laughs, "god, you'll be such a great husband. and that is why i love you." she tells me and i chuckle.

"and you'll be such a great wife. i promise to love and protect you until the day i die." i respond as i kiss her forehead and she snuggles into my chest.

about a week later, i got the flu this time but i didn't worry or complain about it because nini was by my side this whole time, taking good care of me. god, i can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her.