𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

RICKY'S POV
i roll over to nini's side of the bed, feeling the sheets and realizing she was not there. i slightly panic until i see her enter our bedroom, carrying a breakfast tray and setting it down on the bedside table. she climbs to the bed and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "happy birthday, baby." i give her a peck on the lips, "thanks, love."

we kissed for a while and i tried to deepen the kiss until nini pulls away first, making me whine. "nins, it's my birthday anyway." she gives me a light chuckle, "we can make out later, but for now, you should eat. i made you breakfast."

"fine." i groan and she laughs, grabbing the breakfast tray beside her. we spent hours chatting mindlessly as we scarfed down the pancakes she made. after cleaning up, nini walks me to the living room downstairs. "come with me, i wanna show you my birthday present for you." she grabs my arm excitedly as we run downstairs and i was shocked when i see a new set of producing equipment on the table. "surprise!"

"nins, i-i don't know what to say. this is amazing. thank you so much." i tell her and she smiles, getting closer to me. "well you deserve it. i know you've been wanting this for a long time so i thought this would be a great time to give this. i love you so much ricky. thank you for being a great husband."

tears started to form in my eyes, "nins, i love you so much. thank you for being such an amazing wife. you definitely deserve the whole world."

i kiss her passionately as we chuckle in between. when we pull away, nini insisted that we should get the day started, telling me that she had the perfect day planned for us.

NINI'S POV
it was hard to get ricky out of the house, especially since he just wanted to stay in with me for his birthday. but with my convincing skills, i was able to get his ass out of the house. while we were in the car, i shoot kourtney a text saying that we left and that our family and friends can finally set up for ricky's surprise in the backyard.

for the past hours, we had lunch at his favorite restaurant, then we went bowling (him winning of course), strolled around the park and stopped by our favorite ice cream parlor. finally, it was getting late and i insisted that we should go home. as we get inside the car, he holds my hand and kisses it, "thank you for today baby, i love you."

"anytime, love. but you haven't seen nothing yet."

when we pull over to the garage, he was surprised seeing a bunch of cars lined up near our house. i excitedly pull him out of the car and drag him to our backyard. he was surprised to see our family and close friends. "surprise! happy birthday ricky!"

i see him wipe away his tears, he looks at me, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek before greeting mike, lynne, jenn, todd, hannah, my mothers and our close theatre friends.

the surprise was a success, we had dinner in our backyard, chatting, laughing and catching up since we haven't seen each other after my miscarriage incident about a year ago. after a while, ricky wanted to give a quick speech, thanking everyone for taking their time to come all the way to los angeles for his birthday. "....and special shoutout to my wife, nini for arranging all of this. i love you." he gives me a quick kiss and i hear everyone coo.

"wait, ricky. i have one last gift for you." i tell him excitedly and he looks at me, confused. i give him a small box and he opens to see another pregnancy test, with two distinct lines. "nins- is this r-real?"

"yes ricky." i cry out. "i'm pregnant again. we're having another baby! happy birthday indeed."

he smiles brightly and kisses me passionately. we press our foreheads together while tears flow down on our faces. he smiles at me and says, "i love you, and i can assure you this will work this time." after our moment, our parents and friends went up to us congratulating us. i knew that this time, this pregnancy may progress.

note: follow me on insta: @/hsmlovebot :)