Speak Up

(Please listen to the song above!)

My World Full of Silence

The cold whispers of voices,
Not at the back of my head, but in reality.
They were the only things that recognized me.
Labeled as a dog with no sound,
As a deaf pair of ears.
I ignored them, only to find that they were never really ignored.
I never listened but I heard.
I never looked but I saw.
Everything I did, I did in silence,
An observer to look at my own broken soul.
They never saw me, they never heard me.
That's because I was "the mute girl".
Forever to stay silent.
Even at a personal attack, aimed at my sensitive heart.

This was the only good that came from my world full of silence.
_______________________________________

This is a poem I wrote. I was thinking of my own experience years ago but I was also thinking of the people who can't speak, have trouble speaking and just feel uncomfortable with voicing their opinions. They usually get bullied for it. I know because I used to be called many things just because I was very quiet and never really talked. Now I'm a loud mess that everyone tells to shut up😆

My point is, if you're the one making up rumors and things about someone who doesn't talk much, you should know that they're probably silently listening to everything you say, even if you tried hard to keep all of it from getting to them. You'll never know if you're killing someone from just talking about them because, unless you're deaf, you can hear and you can listen. You're subconscious takes everything in and makes you realize things. It can either be your best friend or your worst enemy. And usually, people who are quiet have anxiety and care a lot about what people think and say about them.

Sometimes, they're too scared to admit that they don't appreciate what others say and even end up believing it because they're sensitive and have a low self-esteem. It kinda sucks, let me tell you that (I'm actually still wondering how I went from a shy, sensitive, anxiety filled child to a loud, narcisstic, conceited, whacko wamen lol).

Listen, all you quiet people out there! If anything negative comes out of anyone's mouth about you, don't tolerate it. Speak up and voice your opinions! I trust that speaking your mind will make you feel a lot happier. And if those people who are saying shit about you don't appreciate what you said, well they can go fuck off. You are beautiful in your own right and don't just stand there when someone tells you different. You might have to sound a little conceited but that's a big step in boosting your self-esteem. Love yourself a bit more❤ You deserve much more than what people give you.