Chapter 1; Hollywood Boulevard

*Emilys POV*

i sighed shuzzing my hair in the mirror, still not happy with the way it looked.

i turned round to becky (becks for short) and pouted. 

'are you sure it looks alright?

she chuckled zipping up one of her thigh high leather boots. 'em, thats the 5th time you've asked me tonight. Ya look fine, so stop yah jibber jabbing and lets get a move on. If we dont hurry, sandy and britney will have taken our spots on the sidewalk and then we'll both be really screwed'

i chuckled at her choice of wording and raised an eyebrow. 'i see what you did there'

she rolled her eyes playfully, adjusting the necklace round her neck. 'so dirty minded'

i giggled as she grabbed my wrist and pulled us out our apartment door.

Before this story begins, i think i should introduce myself and give you a little background info, so you understand what im talking about. My name is Emily Rose, i'm 18 years old, and originally from England. I come from a rough background i'm not gonna lie, my mother is a raging alcoholic and my dad is coward that will never stick up for himself. Long story short, me and my two brothers all found the abusive environment too much too handle and all left home when we were 16, all heading our own ways looking for something better. I came to America, the young girl inside of me hung up on the idea of the 'american dream'. I had the dream of myself becoming a great artist, sketching and drawing; making millions. I was pretty damn good if i do say so myself. But as you can see that didnt really work out for me. The lack of money i had and the areas i was looking in didnt help, and i ended up slaving away at fast food restaurants barely making any money. I was starving by this point and was close to being homeless due to my old dickhead of a landlord, but this all changed when becks saved me. I was 17 when she found me and she was 2 years older, she took me in and let me stay with her and we soon became bestfriends. 

She was the one who introduced me to the world of prostitution, and thats what we are now. Prostitutes. She made it seem so glamorous and entertaining, plus i really needed the money.

Of course the first couple of times were hard, but i got some regulars and now i didnt mind it so much.

Hey work is work, whatever it is.

I was currently wearing a short black mini dress, along with black thing high leather boots and big gold hoop earings. I'd curled my hair so it was big and voluminous, just the way i liked it, and as for my make-up, id only gone for red lips and smoky eyes.

I was feeling confident; tonight was gonna be a good night.

I sighed linking my arm with becks as we made our made our way to holly boulevard.

i gave her a sympathetic look. 'how you holding up being clean so far?'

becks has recently become a cocaine addict. I found out a few months ago that one of her 'friends' carlos hooked her on it, and i was absolutely fuming. That's why i'm trying to get her clean again. I've seen what crack can do to people, and i defiantly dont want that for becks.

She avoided my eye contact and unhooked our arms. 'erm yeh.. it's hard.. but i'm cope-ing'

i grinned proudly half hugging her as we crossed the street. 'i'm proud of you kid. Its not an easy thing to do, go cold turkey, but you're making it seem like a walk in the park'

she half laughed.'what can i say.. i'm a natural'

i chuckled as we made it to the boulevard.

We went inside the club next to our spot, and got a quick drink before work.