the masquerade ball

*request: we are kind of frenemies thing and in the masquerade party we talk with each other but don't recognize because we have masks on. I tell I have a major crush on Draco and then he removes his mask and all the revelations come true!

I switched this up a little bit to make it so that they aren't really enemies  but they know that they could never be friends (or more) because she is best friends with the golden trio. that's a little confusing but you'll see later in the story. 

listen to the song: all of me, to give the story a more realistic vibe and it makes the story better when you listen to that with it! it's linked up above. 

hope you enjoy this! and yes, I am still taking requests so If anyone has any, send them over! <33*

~~~

After Dumbledore had announced there would be a masquerade ball you were very excited. You've never been to a masquerade ball so you were quite excited for the special night. Ginny and Hermione practically dragged you out of bed the Saturday before, wanting to get your dresses and masks. 

Once you arrived at Gladrags Wizardwear, Hermione and Ginny went straight to the back where all the dresses were hanged out. Ginny squealed in excitement as she looked through all them. You giggled and walked over to the racks of dresses yourself. 

"Oh, what about this one?" Ginny gasped. You looked over to see her holding up a black lacy dress with sequins against her body. Hermione jumped up and down in excitement.

"Harry will be all over you, Gin," you tell her making her blush. Hermione giggles and holds a blush pink dress up against her body. 

"Oh, Hermione that's gorgeous," you tell her, Ginny nodding in agreement. 

"Come on, Hermione! Let's try these on!" Ginny say dragging Hermione to the changing rooms. You laugh and shake your head at the two girls before looking back at the dresses. All the dresses were beautiful but none of them stood out to you.

Just as you were about to give up on finding the perfect dress, in the corner of your eye you could see a emerald green silk dress sticking out from a rack. You quickly moved over to it and grabbed it. It was simple but absolutely perfect. You walked over to a mirror and held the dress in front of your body. This was the dress. It was absolutely perfect. A smile formed on your lips as you continued to stare at the beautiful dress.

"Slytherin colors, l/n?" A masculine voice says from behind you. His voice. Your eyes snap forward to the mirror and sure enough Draco Malfoy is standing right behind you, handsome as ever. But you would never say so. 

You see, being friends with the golden trio means that your enemy is Draco Malfoy. You wouldn't want it to be, but it has to be that way. Draco is never mean to you, or never teases you. He just ignores you. You stay out of his way, and he stays out of yours. Sure, he still is rude to your friends, but never to you. This caused a crush to be formed on the blonde man. Your crush on his has been there since third year, and whatever you do, it won't go away. You find it confusing but since your friends with Hermione, Harry, and Ron, something with Draco would never work out, no matter what. He was their enemy. He was a Slytherin, you a Gryffindor. That never stopped you from hoping he would ask you to the ball. 

You turned around the face the Slytherin prince, a smirk plastered on your face.

"Well of course, Malfoy. I'm not like every other girl out there, wearing either a red or black dress," you tell him. He smirks and moves closer to you. 

"You're right. Green suits you better anyways," he says making you blush.

"You think so?" You ask, still blushing but wearing a smirk. He moves closer to you so that his lips are right near your ear.