Chapter 7

“Anung sabi mo kanina?... Honey?” sinuntok ni Elizabeth si Jin sa braso.

“Sorry. I didn’t mean that.” sabi niya. “It was the first word that came up.”

“Whatever…just don’t call me that again or I will kick to you know where.”

Lumayo ng konti si Jin sa’kanya nung sinabi niya iyon. Elizabeth don’t like being called something sweet like that. It makes her cringe.

“Where are we going?” she said. “because this is not the way where supposed to go.”

“Were going to shop.”

Shopping was not her expertise, so she wants to avoid whatever that goes the word shopping.

“Yay.” she made faces that screams disgust and annoyed at the same time. Hindi na siya nagpumilit pa na hindi sumama kasi 1) This world is new to her and 2) She doesn’t want to get lost and get unconscious all over again on some street she doesn’t know and be pick up with some stranger like that guy.

When they got out of the hospital, they crossed the street which is now pack with cars zooming around. There where a lot of people on the side street walking with their cellphone on their ear. Typical business people.

She noticed that their clothes where slightly different from the outfit she was wearing. 

“What are they wearing? Bakit parang iba?” she asked.

“Oh them. They’re in training astronauts.”

“So, pweding ng pumunta sa outerspace kahit sino?”

“Well not all pero those who have a lot of money can go”

And it all goes to money. Money can even lead you to outer space. In this world she’s in. Pero sa pinaggalingan niya, Only the best, of the best can go. This world must be very very very advance that explains the flying cars. They’re 40 years ahead of time and if mangyari man yun sa mundo niya, she’s probably dead or she can’t walk because of age. If she gets out of here.

They walked half a kilometer before they reached their distention, and she thought they were going to mall or something but they were in a flea market (in simpler term its tiangge). There were a lot of stall varying from different products like clothes, tea sets, bull head (don’t know why they sell those), fruits and veggies. You name it, they all have it. Plus, there were a lot of people. Their world and her ay walang pinagkaiba.

“Stick close to me or you’ll get lost”

He doesn’t have to say that twice because she’s really going to stick, really close to him. 

Nakipag siksikan sila for almost 10 minutes at muntik na siyang mahiwalay kay Jin buti nalang nahawakan siya nito. Very romantic but no. They passed a lot of stall at mukhang walang kataposan ang mga stalls nito. It’s pretty huge. The ceiling was 50 feet up and it was glass. You can see the blue sky and occasionally fly pigeons. Besides the stall’s, there where shops on the upper side level of the market, so the place they were in was on the center of it.

Pagatapos ng ilang minutong, they were now in a much less crowded place, still stall are there but there were few people on the place they’re in kaya hindi na siya nakakapit sa damit ni Jin na sure siyang na streatch na yun sa kakahila niya.

Something caught her attention, a shop on the second level. A book shop. She likes book so much her apartment is full of books plus it is scattered all over the floor, that’s how many her books are. 

Nakalimutan niya ni si Jin at nag tungo sa second floor. Nahanap niya naman agad yung hagdan na katabi lang na isang flower shop. Pagka’akyat niya, went right and three shops she passed by nasa harap na siya ng book shop.