Chapter 8

Day’s passed since that incident in the flea market. Jin and her never talked about that time or what she actually saw out there. She never has the time to or strength to actually talked about it, plus Jin is always on emergency mode. His always at the hospital, came home late at night kung saan tulog na siya. Hindi rin sila nagkikita pagkaalis niya dahil early rin siyang umaalis pero pinaghahanda siya nito ng umagahan. She will just wake up with food on the table ready to eat.

Wala siyang magawa sa loob ng bahay ni Jin. Hindi rin siya makaalis kasi nga there are no cars passing by this area. His house is secluded to the world, probably because his house is on the edge of the cliff. No one would like to drive on the edge of the cliff, right? and this area must be private property.

Nalibot niya na ang buong bahay pero nawawala parin siya. The house is small if you look at it outside but once you’re inside it’s labyrinth. You turn the wrong way and you’ll be lost where you’re going, that’s why she sticks to three places: the kitchen, her room and the living room.

Ngayon paikot-ikot na naman siya sa loob ng bahay to pass boredom dala-dala yung libro na nilibre sa kanya and she end up in front of a staircase. A glass one. It was her first time to see this in the house because the only thing she saw are walls and walls and nothing but walls, and doors too, which she never bothered to open, baka may tinatago si Jin na ayaw niyang makita. Maybe Jin was a murderer and he was hiding his victims inside one of the rooms. Elizabeth dismissed that thought inside her head. That would be ridiculous and unbelievable, she thought.

The stairs were going up, so she was tempted to see what’s at the end of the stairs. Because her curiosity was heightened already umakyat siya. She was carefully taking a step forward baka biglang mag-crack yung glass stairs at mahulog siya. So much for being curious.

At the end of the stairs merong isang white na pintuan. She grabbed the holder and open it.

She was greeted by the suns light, so she covered it with her hand. She steps inside and saw that the place was a mini garden. She never thought that Jin would like plants. He doesn’t look the type to like plants.

There were different kinds of plants all over the place. It was cute size garden. Lumapit siya sa isang plant and hinawakan ito. It was a blue rose. She never saw a blue rose before in her life kahit na sa garden ng mama niya wala iyon and it really doesn’t exist.. Maybe it exists only in this world not in hers.

Nakita niyang may tambayan sa loob ng isang garden pavilion na merong mga ivy na nakapalibot nito. There was two white metallic chair and a table with a glass top on it. Umupo siya dito at linanghap ang simoy ng hangin.

“Ahhh fresh air,” she relaxed on the chair. “This place is good for reading”

It was already noon and the sun were high up in the sky pero malamig parin. Usually this time of day sa mundo niya, shes cursing because of how hot it is at gusto niya na lang tumira sa freezer pero dito sa mundong ito it was the opposite.

The season season here are so twisted, ayun sa mga nabasa niya sa online. Well she made some research on this place for quite a long time and there is a lot more confusing stuff she discovered and it makes her head ache.

Nagmuni-muni nalang siya like for example how she could find her dad. That’s the first thing on here list then get out of here with her dad and if  her dad was really here.

After a few seconds someone pssst her out of nowhere. Hindi niya alam kung saan iyon nanggagaling kaya tumingin-tingin siya sa paligid niya at wala namang ibang tao kundi siya lang.

“Up here!”

She gazed up and saw someone riding in a tricycle. The only person she knew who’s riding that kind of tricycle was Les. Her other trusted friend in this world. He maybe looks like her best friend on the other side of the world but they’re very different the more she stared at him for a long time.