The Diaper Trio: Chapter 1

Several years ago when I was 13 I had the best summer ever. Me and my two friends Jacob, and Nathaniel were spending two weeks at Jacob's house because both my parents and Nathaniel's were going on a summer cruise. I was so excited we'd never spent the night at Jacob's house it was always mine or Nathaniel's. My parents were packing the stuff they needed for the cruise while I packed my bag with everything I needed for the week, clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, video games, etc. After packing we drove to a restaurant a few blocks away where we met both Nathaniel's parents and Jacob's mom Sheryl (his dad was working out of town for the month). We went in, sat down, and ordered some lunch. Nathaniel, Jacob, and I talked about what we wanted to do that week while we waited for our food to come. That night we were going to play Jacob's new video game and watch a movie. We had barely even finished making plans for that night when our food arrived. We tried to finish our plan while we ate but we couldn't even get past our plans for going to the park the next day before we were finished and had to leave. Nathaniel and I said goodbye to our parents before getting into Sheryl's van and driving to Jacob’s house.

When we arrived at Jacob's house we grabbed our suitcases and ran up to his room where we would be sleeping for the next week. About five minutes later we were already starting our plans for the night. Jacob had rented a racing game from the video store earlier that day so we could play it when we got there. We hooked up three controllers to the console and started racing. 4 hours had passed before Sheryl called us down for a quick snack/dinner of pizza rolls. We weren't all that hungry because we had eaten a lot at lunch and were dying to get back to the game to try some time trials. On our way to the table both Nathaniel and I had to use the bathroom so I used the one by Jacob’s room and Nathaniel used the one next to Sheryl’s bedroom, Jacob just waited for us at the dinner table. In about 15 minutes we were done and on our way back to Jacob's room to see who the fastest driver was.

After a half hour of time trials we decided to play some Monkey in the middle. For the object we used a soccer ball Nathaniel had brought. I was in front of Jacob's bed, Nathaniel was in front of the door, and Jacob was in the middle. It wasn't easy to keep the ball away from Jacob and I quickly got out and put into the middle. Next person out and in the middle was Nathaniel, then me again, and eventually we ended up in the original order with Jacob in the middle. During one of Jacob's attempts to get the ball away from me I accidentally knocked it under the bed and had to retrieve it. When I looked under the bed to find the ball I was surprised at what I saw. Near the front of the bed, right next to the ball, were three small (18 ct) packages of pull-ups each with only a few diapers left, and one small, near full, package of goodnites (11 ct) "Um, Jacob why do you have training pants under your bed?" I asked. 

Jacob turned bright red, "Promise me you two won't laugh or make fun of me," he said.

"Why would we make fun of you? You're our best friend. No matter what it is you can tell us" I replied. 

"Okay, well the truth is I sometimes wet the bed. In order to keep my sheets dry I wear pull-ups at night, I'm not a baby, I use them just to help protect my bed. Every night I put one on when I change into my pajamas and take it off when I get dressed in the morning."

"It's not that big of a deal Jacob, I wet the bed until I was 7. It doesn't bother me if you wear them" Nathaniel replied.

"Okay, just please don't tell anyone once school starts again, I can't imagine how the whole school would react if they knew I wore pull-ups to bed." 

"Don't worry about it Jacob, we're never going to tell anyone, we promise," I said, "Now how about we drop this subject and continue with monkey in the middle because there's no way I'm going to end this game as the person who was in the middle the most." It didn't take any convincing, we dropped the topic and dove right back into the game.

The game continued for several more rounds uninterrupted until the ball got hit under the bed again. This time I was in the middle and Jacob was by the bed so he had to retrieve the ball. As he bent down to get the ball his sagging pants revealed his red and black boxers. Just slightly peeking out from beneath his boxers I noticed another blue waistband with the pull-ups logo barely showing. I realized that he was wearing one beneath his boxers.

"Jacob, are you wearing a pull-up right now? I thought you said you only wear them at night." I asked.

Jacob's face was an even darker shade of red than it was earlier as he replied, "I do have to wear them at night because I sometimes wet the bed... but... um... I also like to wear them during the day because... um... they're comfortable.”

There was a moment of silence until Nathaniel responded by saying "whatever makes you happy man, I won't judge."

"Thanks, it's nice to have friends like you two," replied Jacob. "Now that you both know, if you have any... uh... questions just ask so that we can clear the air, there's no way they can be as embarrassing as telling you guys I wear these things for fun."

I asked him the question that had been bugging me ever since I saw that he was wearing the pull-up, "the pull-up you're wearing now Jacob, have you... used it?"

He blushed; however, he did not turn bright red like before. "Well... um... it may be a little wet.  I changed into this one before we all went to dinner and it stayed dry until the car ride back to my house. We were about halfway back to my place when I suddenly had to pee and since we weren’t near a bathroom, I just kind of used my pull-up. Also, when we ate snacks not too long ago I had to go again, since one of you was in each bathroom, I just  used my own bathroom… so to speak " He paused for a moment, "I should probably change into a clean pull-up before this one leaks.

"So not only do you like wearing them but you also like using them?" Nathaniel asked. 

Jacob nodded his head, "Yeah, they're pretty comfortable and it’s nice to just kind of… you know, go… whenever you need to. I don’t have to stop what I’m doing to find a bathroom, the pull-up is my bathroom.” He took a long pause, “So...since I'm about to change into a new pull-up, would either of you want to… uhh… try one yourself?”