ripple

i'm finally discharged from the hospital in a few days with sungho and mom

     i'm finally discharged from the hospital in a few days with sungho and mom . "try to take care of him , sungho ah ?" mom looks nervously as she smoothes down her slightly crumpled suit . sungho smiles reassuringly as i wave as she drives away . i became very close with Sungho in those few days and Sungho seems to be a little flustered by this .

    "sir , where shall we go ? "sungho grins .

    "Not sure , rie ." sungho , although a little confused why his boss calls him a name he's unknown of , liked this nickname . the images in my head seems to build up to intense memories where it's a moving picture . a memory . then every time , it's like I know his name . something with J . sounds like booujee . urgh , this made my brain go all melty and itchy .

    "The park , sir ?" sungho suggests as he tilts his head , trying to read my gaze .

    "sure , the . park . " i say slowly , like i'm saying sentences for the first time . 

_________________

      i turn around with sungho revealing the park scenery awkwardly with his hands . sungho was hesitant to touch me at first but since i'm was skipping work a little and i was obviously not going to be a boss for some time with my memory loss , my other assistant , jisung , has gotten everything under control . i also let sungho have physical contact as why not , right ?

     "wow !" i breathe as i take in the scenery . the trees are in blossom with flowers and there are some people blowing bubbles . 

     "What are those ? Those floating things ?" Sungho giggles at my expression .

     "Those are bubbles , sir ." 

_________________

     soon , taeyeon is too , playing around with bubbles and tumbling around in the grass with some children . sungho sits on the grass , watching his boss . before , taeyeob was a little rude and strict but sungho was as close as any friend could get with him . taeyeob doesn't believe in second chances and was very impatient with late workers and work . Sungho was never late and was always punctual and early , taeyeob liked that about him and showed little care towards him which made sungho flustered but satisfied that at least , he had a friend . 

     soon , jisung will join in the fun to help sungho and taeyeob to help with his remembering . "sir , do you want your water ? are you tired ? " and taeyeob just smiles and ignores his question . sungho repeats every minute and taeyeob does the same . taeyeob finally falls on the soft grass next to sungho , his chest heaving up and down and his face shines with sweat . The sun sets with such glorious warm yellow hue , like it's beaming straight down at taeyeob .

_________________

     "jisung !" sungho waves at the man with silver , straight and slightly long hair .

     "sungho hyung ! " I scan him , he looks normal and friendly but i keep my guard up . the man walks towards us and beams at me , but slowly switching gears from smiley to serious , bowing to me .

     "good evening , sir . i'm sure sungho has told you about your dinner we're having ?" ee clears his throat and i back up a little . why do people seem so afraid of me ? Why are they so serious ? It's 'sir , this' and 'sir , that ' , it's a little exhausting to hear . sungho shoots him an expression and a bit of eyebrow wiggling and Jisung nods surprisingly and turns a bright red .

      "shall we go , sir ?" Jisung plasters a smile .

__________________

 we arrive in a bright , cheery cafe where they have pancakes and I haven't realised how starving I am . "do you remember this sir ? You used to order ramen while I stuck with pancakes ," sungho asks but I shake my head . ramen ? sounds spicy now , i feel like pancakes ! we take a seat in the corner , jisung is the one who pulls my chair and sungho orders .

"so , you want two oreo ice-cream pancake , kimchi with extra eggs and for your drinks , two plain waters and a beer ." The man jots down our orders . jisung nods and i analyse the shop more , it really is nice .iI trace my fingers along the table edges then another intense image , my head throbs with pain .

iI trace my fingers along the table edges then another intense image , my head throbs with pain

it's the waiter . the person is with the waiter . i look intensely at the waiter and he stops jotting to look at me . "do I know you ?" i blurt and the waiter nods steadily , trying to analyse me . "do you know a man with white hair ?" and he freezes . his face darkens and he shakes his head . "I'm sorry , sir , there are many white haired people around here . " he walks away from our table to behind the counter . the two men stare at me , confused . "you knew the waiter , sir ?" sungho clears his throat .i shrug and mutter an 'i don't know' like a little kid who's been scolded and jisung does another eyebrow wiggle to him .

     what is this ?! WHAT IS THIS ANNOYING TELEPATHY MESSAGING I DO NOT KNOW OF ? the situation irritates me a little . i bang my fist against the table and they look at me , alarmed . "stop with that eyebrow wiggling , you know it's very childish ." i scoff , squinting my eyes in anger . sungho droops down as jisung does another signal with his eyes when he thinks I'm not looking . a ripple of anger courses through me and i finally understand a little , that maybe I am scary .