Chapter 11

As his eyes bore into yours, you did something he didn't expect: you started laughing. You laughed so hard that it made your stomach ache. "You find this funny?" He gritted through his teeth as he pushed the blade harder against your throat, drawing a thin line of blood. "You will not be laughing anymore when I rip that little tongue of yours out of your mouth," he spat with fury. You simply gave him a mocking stare; "Did you really think it was going to be THIS easy to beat the Tiger King's army?" You let out a high-pitched whistle through your teeth, giving Jungkook the sign that he had been waiting for. A loud blaring noise of a horn could be heard, and the Boss quickly looked around in dismay. When he became distracted by all the tumult around him, you quickly rolled away from him and grabbed your sword. Within a few seconds the entire palace was flooded with a new army.

This army was at least twice the size of the Boss' army, making him far outnumbered. "You know what? I think it is time for YOU to surrender now," you grinned when you saw the look of despair on his face. The two riders who were leading the army immediately rode in your direction. When they halted, the elder said: "Our baby bear has grown up." Your face lit up when you finally saw the two faces you had been yearning for, for so long.  "Let's get this over with first hyung, then we will properly hug our little brat," Namjoon winked. All three of you started to circle around the Boss. You swung you blade first, which he easily dodged. This time, however, Jin was ready to strike at the same time, pushing him to the ground. He was very strong, but he was no match for three warriors. He was able to hold you off for a few minutes, but when Namjoon punched him square on his jaw, he dropped down.

Around you, you saw that the fighting had almost died down. There emperor's army was far too strong for the rebels and some of them begged for mercy, whereas the others were slain. When all the remaining rebels where captured and taken away by Master Hoseok for interrogation, you stood in the middle of the battlefield with the tied up Boss. You were about to finally greet your brothers properly, when daechwita music started playing; announcing the arrival of the emperor. "H-How is that possible?" The Boss asked as the blood in his face started to drain away. "N-No, he is d-dead, this is not possible," he stuttered in disbelieve, not being able to trust his own eyes. No matter if he wanted to believe it or not, Emperor Min was walking up to your direction.

"It's very simple; it was my idea even," you grinned. "We knew that there would be a millions ways to kill the emperor on his birthday; it would never have been possible to stop all of them," you shrugged. "That's why I thought; instead of waiting for you to come, why not invite you ourselves?" The Boss looked up at you in disbelieve, still not entirely convinced how you managed to pull this off. "But he was dead; I heard it myself," he choked on his words. "The emperor  WAS actually poisoned; it had to be believable for your spies to alarm you," you explained. "He was poisoned with the same substance that your Silver Tongues use, except for the fact that we had prepared an antidote," you smiled. "Once the fighting started, he was quickly given the antidote by the royal physician. So while he was resting up; we kept you busy," you explained.

"Now; bow down for the emperor," you said cheekily, as he was only a few steps away. The boss was looking down, his hair covering most of his eyes, but he refused to bow. When Yoon finally stood in front of you, you looked up. You couldn't help but feel a wave of relief washing over you when you saw him; he was okay. He was alive. You heart started breathing faster and you felt a weird, warm clenching in your stomach after seeing him. What was happening to you? "So, what do we have here," Yoon said with a dangerously even voice. When the Boss finally looked up, Yoon couldn't stop his face from showing surprise. How was this possible? The Boss mirrored his expression as well; neither were expecting this surprise. Even though the Boss might have hated Yoon as the emperor; he had never seen him in person. Yoon was very careful to maintain his privacy; only high-level government officials had ever seen his face before.

"Your Highness, please give me the order and I will behead this traitor," Jungkook said with a deep bow, "Or shall I leave the honour to you sire?" Yoon froze at hearing his words. Normally he wouldn't hesitate for second to behead a prisoner, especially not a prisoner that caused so much death and despair. For some reason, he was not able to utter the order. The fact that he looked almost identical to him could not be a coincidence; he would be a fool to make a rash decision. "Captain Jeon, I want you to take him to the dungeon and keep him there for interrogation," he said, surprising everyone around him, including you. "As you wish Your Highness," Jungkook bowed before he left with the Boss. When they left, you finally turned to your brothers and hugged them tightly. "You were always a feisty one, but now you are a true warrior Y/N," Jin said with tears in his eyes. Your brothers were stationed at the Nothern border of the kingdom. The second you arrived back at the palace, you had immediately called for their protection to surprise the Boss. "She might even kick your ass now hyung," Namjoon taunted, as Jin poked him in his side.

You chuckled at hearing their banter, it instantly warmed your heart. The three of you had always been inseparable since you were young, so when they had to leave for their military duties, it broke your heart. A loud clearing of someone's voice made you turn around. "I hate to break your family reunion, but I need to discuss some matters with you Lady Y/N," Yoon said, looking a bit uncomfortable. "Of course; I will see you later," you informed your brothers and followed the emperor back to the palace. Yoon kept awfully silent during your walk back; almost as if he was internally debating something. You couldn't blame him; it must have been shocking to find out about the Boss. Moreover, the poison must have taken a toll on his health as well. Once you were finally inside, he turned around to face you. "I want you to call the royal scholar and see if he knows more about the Boss. I don't care how; we need to find out who he is," Yoon uttered with sharp determination. You gave a quick nod in understanding and started to walk away, before he suddenly called you back; "Y/N, walk with me to my room please, I want to finish what we started earlier"