Chapter 19

Agust let out a bitter chuckle, "If only you hadn't broken my heart and made a mockery of my love."  It felt like someone had physically punched Taehyung in the stomach; the words taking his breath away from the searing pain in his core. "I- You know t-that's not true,"  he whimpered, hating how easily affected he was, even after so many years. "Oh really? How else would you describe what you did?" Yoon scoffed, poison lacing every word he uttered. "I-I had no choice,"  Taehyung stuttered, choking on guilt that had been growing heavier and heavier every day. He wasn't even able to look his old lover in the eye; knowing that all he would find was hatred and fury, not an ounce of compassion. "You always had a choice Captain Kim; you just didn't choose me," Agust spat, wanting nothing more than revenge; to make him feel the pain that he had endured. Taehyung visibly flinched at hearing his formal tone; melting the last bit of resolve he had. 

After all those years of hating how Taehyung ripped his heart in pieces and betrayed his love; he wanted to rip his own heart out when he saw tears flowing down Taehyung's cheeks. It physically made him sick to find out that he still had the urge to rush up to him and hug his pain away. "I-I'm sorry," he hiccupped, "I never wanted to-" "It doesn't matter," Agust interrupted, shaking his head bitterly. "I don't care what you wanted or not; you clearly made your decision." Agust stood up from behind his desk and walked towards the trembling man, standing right in front of him. "The Emperor has ordered us to ready the troops near the border; I will gather all the remaining members of the Silver Tongues, you will gather your little club of Hwarang boys and meet us tomorrow," Agust ordered with his jaw clenched and stone-cold expression. 

"But-" Taehyung tried to counter weakly, before he was instantly quietened. "Leave," Agust growled, "I don't want to see your face anymore." The younger felt his stomach drop; the last bit of hope he had for them to reunite died down. It felt like a huge part of him that had yearned for Agust was cut off and left to die; making him feel empty; like a shell of the person he was. Not able to bear any more poisonous words from Agust, he quietly left. As he walked through the door; all he could think about was that his decision 15 years ago, had turned into the biggest regret of his life. When he shut the door behind him, Agust's shoulders' instantly slumped. He had dreamed about meeting his lover for all these years; rehearsed all the possible scenarios he would face. Never had he imagined that revenge would end up hurting so much. 

Two long days had gone by until you finally reached the western border. Jungkook and his convoy had been travelling day and night to safely bring you across the border. Although you were surrounded by so many soldiers, you were glad that Jungkook was there with you. You and him had become such close friends over the last few months, that it made you feel so much more safe to have him close to you. You heard Jungkook's loud shout; his order to stop at the edge of a nearby village. This was the last village you would encounter in your empire, the next one would be in enemy territory. You stepped out of the palanquin and softly groaned, feeling your stiffened back muscles. "Are you okay Y/N?" Jungkook asked as he jogged towards you. "I'm fine," you waved in dismissal, "I am just not used to sitting for such a long time." "I understand, Warrior Y/N would rather have travelled on horseback," Jungkook grinned warmly. "You should try being a Royal Concubine; it's a Royal pain in the ass," you groaned, making Jungkook burst out in a fit of giggles. "Well, try to walk as much as you can and we will replenish our supplies. By that time he will arrive as well," Jungkook informed as he walked away to talk to some soldiers. 

There was a small pond near the place you had camped and you walked around with Minji to stretch your legs. After a while you heard a lone rider coming in your direction. As you looked up, you realized that he must be the person you had been waiting for. The rider halted his horse directly in front of you and swung his leg with such grace, that it reminded you of a dancer. "My Lady, my name is Park Jimin and I will accompany you to Zhao's palace from now on," he said with a deep bow. His fluid, graceful form faltered against his mesmerizing beauty. His eyes held a sharp and intelligent gaze, while his plump lips would make every girl green with envy. His most striking feature was his silver-grey hair; glowing bright in the sun. "It's a pleasure to meet you Mr Park," you bowed back, intrigued by the mysterious man. "Please, call me Jimin," he said with a kind smile as he gestured you to follow him back to the camp. "Well Jimin, I know that you are part of the Silver Tongues, but why have I never seen you before?"  You wondered curiously. Jimin let out a soft sigh, when a deep frown appeared on his face. "During the attack on the palace I was sent away on another mission, that's why we have never met before. If I would have been there during the attack; it might have never taken place to begin with." 

Your mouth fell open in surprise, his confession taking you off guard. "You are not an adversary to the Emperor?"  You asked sceptically. Jimin showed a devilish smirk, "I have my own issues with the Emperor, but I would never let innocent people die because of it." Your pondered quietly over his answer, somehow his answer made you trust him more. Your weren't sure if you would have believed him if he told you that he felt no animosity against Yoon. His answer seemed to ring true to you. "Are you Park Jimin?" Jungkook asked, as he sized the other man up. "I am indeed, and who are you?" Jimin asked as he cocked his head with narrowed eyes. "I am Captain Jeon and I am responsible for Lady Y/N's well-being," he spat back. "I have never heard of you, but you must have heard of the Silent Death; which is me," Jimin challenged. You felt blood drain from your face when your heard the name. Silent Death was the name of the empire's most notorious assassin; haunting the nightmares of every child. "Is that supposed to make me trust you?" Jungkook growled defensively as he moved to stand in front of you. "Yes, if you have anything in that head of yours, you would realize that no one would be able to keep Lady Y/N more safe then I can," Jimin said with a small smirk; exuding nothing but confidence.  

"I can defend myself,"  you gritted through your teeth, "I am not a damsel in distress, so please stop this little pissing competition of yours." Both men turned towards you and saw your furious face; instantly keeping their distance. "I think we have had enough of a break, let's go now," you ordered before you stomped away. Jungkook rushed to his horse and started to gather his soldiers around. Jimin walked up to your palanquin and joined you inside; starting his duties as your personal bodyguard. After a few hours when you finally crossed the border, a convoy of Zhao's soldiers met up with you. The Emperor had been informed prior that you were coming, so he sent a group of his men to safely guard you to the palace. The leader of the group walked up to Jungkook with a scroll, holding the royal stamp. When he tried to open the scroll, it was instantly pulled away by the soldier. You couldn't hear what the reason was, but after a while the soldier started to ride in your direction. "Lady Y/N, His Royal Highness Emperor Zhao has sent a message to you," he bowed as he presented the scroll to you. When you opened the scroll and read the message inside, you dropped the scroll from your hands. Your body froze and you felt bile rise up to your mouth. Jimin hastily picked up the scroll and read the contents: 

"I can't wait for you to warm up my bed tonight"