Chapter 13

"Did you miss me?"  Yoon asked wickedly, as he looked at the dark figure chained on the wall. When the figure looked up to meet his gaze, an identical pair of icy and sharp eyes looked back. Yoon hated the effect they had on him; that they instantly filled him with dread and covered his body with goose bumps. It felt like he was sucked into a nightmare; a nightmare in which this copy of him came back to haunt him. The Boss gave a humourless smirk; "It seems like you were the one missing ME. Instead of laying in the sheets of your feisty little warrior, you are here to see me, rather pathetic don't you think?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. Yoon took a shaky breath; trying to subside the urge to rip out his tongue. "Who are you?" he simply asked. "I am the Boss; leader of the Silver Tongues, but you knew that already," he clicked his tongue. "Why do we look alike?" Yoon tried. "How am I supposed to know that? I could ask you the exact same thing; why do you look like ME?" he spat back. "Let me ask you a question; what are you planning to do with me 'Tiger King'?" the Boss asked with narrowed eyes. Yoon's eyes widened in surprise at the question; instantly betraying his mind.

"You don't know do you?" The Boss grinned in delight. "The famous Tiger King who is known for decorating his palace gates with the heads of his enemies, can't kill his own lookalike," he mocked. "Do you not fear death?" Yoon asked as he cocked his head to the right."You can do all you want with me; I am not telling you anything," he retorted, clenching his jaw in determination. "If you kill me, a hundered more will rise and take my place," he said in a matter-of-fact way. "Oh, but I don't plan on killing you at all," Yoon  said as he folded his arms. The Boss stilled in surprise. "I promise you; I will break you piece by piece, until all you know is pain. You will beg me to stop and tell me all your secrets yourself; just to make the pain go away," Yoon said with an eerily even voice. He walked up closer to him, until there were only a few inches between their faces. "And when you do; you will beg for the sweet release of death that I will not give to you." Yoon saw him gulping at his words. Without giving him the chance to respond he walked away and left him alone in the scrammed cell.

You felt happier then you had in a long time. After leaving Yoon's room, you and your brothers went to your paternal house to greet your parents. For the first time in two years your family was finally complete again. Your mother couldn't stop crying at having all three of her children finally under one roof. As you all had a grand dinner together, you reminisced about the past; when times were much simpler. "You were so chubby Y/N," Namjoon laughed, "whenever you used to be angry your cheeks swelled like dumplings." Jin chuckled fondly at the memory; "That's how you got the nickname 'Baby Bear." "Yah! I am not chubby anymore," you said with feigned irritation, "I have abs now!" Namjoon snickered, "You might have abs, but those dumplings are still there," he said as he pinched your cheeks. "Come, come! Stop fighting like little children!" your dad scolded with a big smile. Moments like these made you yearn for the time that you were all together. Being here now, made you realise that everything had changed for good. Those care-free times were never going to come back.

You brothers were the rising stars of their division; it was clear that they were going to have a promising career in the army. The biggest change in all of this was you. By this age you would have expected to had a few marriage proposals and be engaged already. Instead, you became part of the Emperor's personal guard and inner circle. This was a future you never dared to dream of; a future that sophisticated ladies wouldn't even dare to think of. You could have easily chosen a life of comfort and security, but then you would never have found the fulfilment that you had now. In that moment, when you heard your family's laughter and joy around you; you thanked the heavens for your blessings and fate. Finally, you thanked Yoon for giving you the chance of a lifetime; the chance to be you. That night you decided to stay at your parents' house, for old-times' sake. With your new status as elite warrior; you were finally allowed to practise wherever you wanted. As usual, you woke up early and decided to train with your brothers. During one of your duels; you were suddenly interrupted by one of the palace's messengers.

Apparently Yoon had scheduled an audience with all his advisors and government officials; and you were urgently requested back to the palace. "I can't even express how proud I am of you Y/N," Jin said as he tightly hugged you, "You are a greater warrior then any of us could have imagined. You are the true pride of the Kim clan." You felt a lump in your throat and desperately tried to keep your tears in. "Can't you stay longer oppa?" you whimpered in his chest. "I wish we could baby, but you know how things are tense lately at the border," he sighed as he pulled away from you. "You are up for so many great things my little dumpling; just take care of yourself okay?" Namjoon said as he placed a kiss on top of your head. He brushed away the rogue tears streaming down your cheeks, fighting to keep his own at bay. "You know that we are only one call away; not matter when you need us," they reminded you and left. You pulled yourself together and rode to the palace; preparing yourself for the unexpected. "There you are Y/N!" Jungkook waved happily as you walked to the large throne room.

"Do you know why Yoon is holding the audience?" you asked curiously. "I believe that the Boss is going to be formally charged for his crimes," Jungkook said as he shrugged. "The emperor has been very cryptic about the reason." When you finally entered the room, you bowed deeply in front of him. When you looked up and met his gaze, you chest tightened in hurt. He looked exhausted; even worse then last night. There were heavy bags under his eyes and his complexion looked pale. He was supposed to rest and recover; but he only seemed to be getting worse. You and Jungkook took your places next to him; both flanking on either side of him. When all the attendees had finally arrived, Yoon started speaking. "You are all aware of the assassination attempt that was made on my life yesterday. Thankfully, due to the high level of strategic skill, fighting skill and perseverance of our armies, this attack has been futile. Next to saving my life and the throne; the suffering of my people has also been prevented. This is of most importance to me and I am thankful for all your efforts and sacrifice.

"There is one soldier in particular that I would like to thank," he said. "This soldier has not only planned and strategized the entire attack beforehand, she also lead our soldiers to victory." You head shot up at hearing his words; looking straight at him. "To honour and thank her I am promoting Lady Y/N to Head of Royal Security." Your mouth fell open at hearing his words; you couldn't believe what you were hearing. To be bestowed with such an honour, and that as a woman, was unheard of. "Lady Y/N, do you accept your new responsibilities?" Yoon asked, looking straight at you. You heart almost burst in joy when you bowed in front of him, "Yes I do Your Highness," you answered, trying to appear cool and collected.  "Great, then we can move on to the next announcement. Guards; bring the prisoner here." Within a few seconds the Boss was being dragged inside; his hands were bound behind him and his eyes were covered with a dirty rag. The second that Yoon wanted to speak, he was suddenly interrupted by the entrance of a messenger.

The warrior was wearing a purple-blue uniform; the sign of an elite warrior. He had long, black flowy hair and a powerful piercing gaze. "I have news," he announced