And So We Begin

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The Ouran dining hall, a plethora of pleasant smells and noisy conversation. There were various items of food that were readily available to the students organized by culture, ranging from their traditional Asian cuisine, to the finest European dishes. The lunch tables looked like they belonged to expensive restaurants, rather than to a high school, as they were dressed handsomely in spotless white table cloths and further complimented with golden silverware, golden plates, and shining wine glasses.

Masses of yellow and blue, sat at their tables, dining as the briefed their peers about their wealthy summers, full of vacations to all around the world.

It was the first day of school, and currently the first lunch period of the year.

Seated at a handsome table in the middle of room was Ouran's own Host Club, where a few of the members seemed to fighting.

"GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF MY PRECIOUS HARUHI YOU SADISTIC PERVERTS!" a frantic blond yelled a two identical gingers, who just smirked devilishly and stuck their tongues out in a teasing manner.

The blond let out an offended gasp and began yelling at the twins even more, causing heads to turn to their direction of the cafeteria.

"Tamaki-senpai," a small brunette, Haruhi, grumbled out in annoyance to the amethyst eyed boy who was clutching her to his chest, but her threat laced words fell to deaf ears as Tamaki continued to shake her with violent spasms caused by his outburst.

The other students occupying the lunchroom either watched with amused eyes or continued to eat as if nothing happened, being used to the club's shenanigans by now. On the contrary, one of the member's at the table sighed in utter annoyance.

"Can you all please keep it down," a handsome, bespectacled ravenette demanded. "I am trying to concentrate," he finished, his tone colder than usual.

The three quarreling idiots, along with our poor Haruhi, stopped their bickering and turned towards the raven with puzzled expressions.

"Geez Kyoya-senpai" one ginger said.

"You seem more agitated today then usual," the other finished, referring to the boy's harsh attitude.

"Kao-chan and Hika-chan are right, Kyo-chan," a small, honey blond with the voice of a child chimed in, face covered in cake frosting. "You do seem a bit snippier than normal,"

The small boy looked up at the very large high schooler sitting to the left of him, looming over the entire table like a great oak tree.

"Right Takashi?" he asked the tall boy, who only hummed in agreement.

Kyoya looked up from the black notebook he was extremely absorbed in to look at his friends who were staring at him with curiosity.

He nearly rolled his eyes at how childish they looked.

"Well actually I-"

"Wait hold that thought senpai," One of the twins, Hikaru, eagerly said like he just remembered something important, cutting Kyoya off.

The bespectacled boy's eyebrow twitched in irritation.

"Did you guys hear about the new kid? He's like a cyborg or something," Hikaru stated, eyes full of astonishment.

"Yeah, he's a first year, but didn't come from the lower school," Kaoru added, thoughtfully. "He uses a cane and walks really funny,"

Haruhi, who finally separated herself from her clingy senpai, looked at the boys in extreme disapproval.

"Do you guys even know how rude that is?" she crossed her arms over her chest, shaking her head with an agitated sigh. She looked up at the rest of her friends. "From what I've heard, he has a prosthetic leg and is actually really nice,"

Tamaki, who had been listening to the entire conversation in pure fascination, abruptly stood, getting into his princely pose. "Oh, what a treat. Ouran has opened its grand doors to the disabled, sharing its beauty with those who have been struck with the arrow of sheer bad luck,"

Haruhi let out a noise of irritation and smacked her forehead with her palm.

"I must meet this man at once, and introduce him to my beauty that will hopefully lift his low spirits!"

"You don't even know if he has low spi-"

"Kyoya!" Tamaki shouted, cutting Haruhi off, pointing at the raven with a look of determination. "Tell me more of this man,"

Kyoya let out an agitated sigh of his own and looked up at his blond idiot of a best friend. He pushed up his silver framed glasses.

"Well before I was rudely interrupted," he shot a pointed look at Hikaru, who smiled nervously. "I was actually beginning to tell you all about him, as he has caught my interest as well,"

The club looked at the raven in anticipation, who only smirked in return.

"However, there is no point in me doing so, seeing as he's standing right behind you,"

Tamaki, along with the other host on his side of the table, them being the twins and Haruhi, stiffened and slowly turned to look behind them, as Honey and Mori looked away from Kyoya.

Their eyes widened when they were met with the sight of a short, messy haired blond, peering at them with green eyes that were full of warmth.

"Hi!" He said with a closed eyed lopsided grin. He stuck his free hand out to Tamaki, who was coincidentally right in front of him. "I'm Alistair."

The club, minus Kyoya, could only stare at the boy in slight shock.

"Nice to meet ya,"

If y'all haven't noticed, I'm trying to make this book have shorter chapters. Shorter chapters seem like they match the energy of this story, ya know? It's not that serious like my other book.

Also shorter chapters are way easier to write, meaning that they're probably gonna be more frequent updates.