eleven; shape up, full kook, steal drinks

Lettie didn't really know what to do. When she had arrived at the Carrera home, Kiara held her friend tightly on the front step until her crying had stopped. Then, they explained what had happened to Mike and Anne. Lettie kept it short, her mother and her had gotten into a bad fight, and she left. Lettie didn't mention the burning slap, or the harsh words. Luckily, the Carreras didn't need to hear anything else. They put Lettie in the guest room without questioning it. Anne even ran out to a drug store and bought the girl some shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and a few other essentials to use during her stay.

"I'll pay rent or something," Lettie had said to Mike when he led her to the room, "I can clean, or cook, or- I don't know, I'll pay you back, I promise."

"Scarlett," Mike said opening the door to the room she would claim as hers, "Stop. You're the only friend of Kiara's that I like. You don't owe us anything."

So, Lettie helped herself to a shower before she collapsed onto the soft mattress. The sheets smelled clean, as if no one had slept there before. Lettie stared out the window for a while, wishing she hadn't said what she said to her mom. She also wonders about Jj. What happens when you're charged with felony destruction of property? Is he in jail? As of she could hear Lettie's anxious thoughts, Kiara had come in the room, also freshly showered and in her pajamas, and Lettie was grateful for it. She needed a friend, and Kiara was everything she needed in that moment. Lettie voiced her worries about her boyfriend until her mind couldn't take it anymore, and with Kiara's words of assurance, the brunette slowly fell asleep.

To keep her mind from wandering, Lettie tagged along with Mike to the Wreck as soon as morning came, despite the fact that she wasn't scheduled. The brunette stayed in the back, doing most of the grunt work so her other colleagues didn't have to. She cleaned, did dishes, gutted fresh fish, and worked her ass off all day, only stopping for a small lunch break at Mike's urging. Her dominant hand, the left one that had been bruised when she punched Rafe, ached from all the knife work. But Lettie didn't mind, it kept her busy, and when she's busy it's hard for her to think of Jj sitting in a jail cell.

But, when Mike heads home in the afternoon, he doesn't give Lettie an option but to go back home with him.

Walking in the door, Anne greets her with a smile, "So, Scarlett, I called the Island club, and I made you Kiara's plus one for tonight."

"What's tonight?" Lettie slowly asks, tucking some fly away hairs that had escaped her messy ponytail behind her ear.

"The Midsummer party," Anne answers, as if it's obvious, Lettie opens her mouth to protest, but Anne beats her to it, "Now I know going to something like this isn't really your thing, Kiara is giving me a hard time about it, too. But I can't stand the thought of you in this house alone while we're out tonight," Anne's hands run up and down Lettie's arms and she appreciates the motherly action, "I laid Kiara's dress from last year out on the bed with some shoes. It should fit, and I managed to get you some last minute flowers too."

"Anne, thank you, seriously," Lettie says, "But please, let me pay you back for something."

"Pay me back by making my daughter get ready," Anne says, and Lettie looks at Mike for help.

He holds up his hands, not saying anything. So bringing her eyes back to Anne's, Lettie nods, "I will, Merci."

So, Lettie turns and heads up the stairs. Once in her room, Lettie places her backpack down in the corner before inspecting the dress on the bed. It's a beautiful light blue, and even though Lettie isn't really one to dress fancy, she's kind of excited to wear it. So, she picks it up by the hanger, along with the white heels Anne had placed next to it before heading to Kiara's door. Knocking, Lettie lets herself in.