thirteen; scarlett, two t's

Lettie had waited by the van for the ambulance to come, and when they arrived Lettie led them to where John B laid, Sarah cradling his head in her lap. As the paramedics did their work, Jj clung to the small brunette. Lettie tried to give him whatever comfort she could, but she would never know how he felt. He had known John B forever, and Lettie doesn't have a relationship she could compare against.

So, when the medics moved John B to the ambulance to bring him to the hospital, Kiara, Pope and Jj climbed into the vehicle with him, but when Sarah tried, Lettie grabbed her arm and held her back.

"What are you doing?" The girl had asked, tears still flowing down her face as she stared at the blue eyed girl.

"Sarah, I don't know anything about whatever you and John B are, other than you care about him. Since you care, you should let him be with his family," The girl pauses gesturing to the volkswagen van, "Come on, I'll take you home to change. Then I promise I'll drive you to the hospital to see him, okay?"

Sarah hesitated, her eyes darting between the paramedics and the french girl before she nodded. The ambulance doors closed and Lettie caught Kie's eyes through the small window, she had mouthed thank you as the sirens turned on and the emergency vehicle drove away.

True to her word, Lettie drove the van to Sarah Cameron's grand home on Figure Eight. With an invitation from the blonde, Lettie followed her inside, eyes wide as she took in the mansion. Sarah had led the french girl to her bedroom and told her to help herself so some clothes from the closet and a makeup wipe while she talked to her father. So, Lettie pulled on the least expensive looking pair of sweatpants, and a Kook Academy t shirt with a hole in the side, not wanting to accidentally borrow anything too pricey. She also snuck a pair of socks to hide her cold, and dirty feet for the moment. By the time Lettie was wiping the makeup off of her face, Sarah had returned, immediately telling Lettie they could leave as soon as she changed out of her Midsummers gown.

So that's what they did. Lettie and Sarah drove in a comfortable silence with the latter's father, who Lettie found out was named Ward when they briefly met in the driveway before the departure, driving behind them in his fancy car.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Sarah had suddenly asked, making Lettie's blue eyes briefly dart to her, "I thought you hated me."

"I could ask you the same question," Lettie shrugged, hyper-aware of Sarah's clothes on her body, "I don't hate you, Sarah Cameron, but I'm loyal to Kiara, and I'm loyal to my Pogues."

"Right," Sarah nodded, "Can I ask you a question?" Lettie hummed, signalling for the girl to continue, "What is Lettie short for?"

"Scarlett, two T's, after my grandmother," Lettie answered.

"I have another question."

"Okay."

"Does Kiara really hate me as much as I think she does?"

Lettie wanted to be blunt and tell the girl yes as she parked the van, the pair finally arriving at St. Olive's, "That's not for me to say. That's a conversation you need to have with her."

After that, Lettie followed Sarah and Ward into the hospital, immediately finding her friends in the waiting room. They all stood when they saw her, and she rushed to them, giving them each a hug. Pope was the one to tell her that John B only had some minor injuries, and that he'd be awake in the morning. So, Lettie drove Pope and Kiara home, electing to stay with Jj at the Chateau for the night, knowing he would want the company.

He had rested his head on the window, eyes closed as Lettie made her way down the dark, empty roads, "Now who's sleepy, huh?" She had teased, drawing a smile from the boy as he opened his eyes to look at her, Lettie reached over and squeezed Jj's hand, "Rest, ensoleillement."