twelve; honorary kook's honor

With her newfound knowledge that Jj is okay, Lettie feels like she has electricity flowing through her veins. Searching through the party for her curly headed best friend, Lettie if filled with joy. Her feet are racing though the Island club as she looks around every corner for Kiara. Eventually finding herself back outside again, Lettie feels a hand grab her arm.

"Lettie!" Pope shouts as she whips around to face him, "Jj is here, he's okay!"

With a smile on her face, Lettie nods, "I know. I was just with him," Lettie tries to look around the boy in front of her, "Hey, have you seen Kie?" Pope shakes his head and Lettie pats his shoulder, moving around her friend and heading down to the dancefloor, eyes peeled for a particular purple dress. But, no matter where she looks, she can't seem to find Kiara.

However, Lettie's eyes do find Jj again as he moves around Sarah Cameron, whose eyes are focused on a small slip of paper in her hands. Lettie furrows her brows, why would he need to give a message to the kook princess herself?

Then, a powder blue suit grabs Jj by the shoulder, and Lettie gives up on her search. She shoves her way past some random bodies, as Rafe says, "I'm wonderin' if you could get me a mai tai, my friend," While patting Jj's shoulder.

"Yeah Pogue, how about you make that two?" Kelce sneers.

Lettie appears beside Jj, smacking Rafe's hands off of her boyfriend, "How about zero, kook?" Rafe and Kelce both give her a solid glare, which she easily returns. She's not intimidated by them.

Jj nods, taking a small step back while grabbing Lettie's hand, positioning her slightly behind him, "Yeah, well, I'm on the clock right now. You guys looks spiffy, and you know, uh, I got a couple orders ahead of you so why don't you guys just go ahead and wait by the bar?" Jj takes a step back, and Lettie does the same, gripping his forearm tightly with her free hand, "Until then, help yourselves to the hors d'oeuvres."

Rafe nods, "Oh yeah," He raises his hand, beckoning a few more people over to his side, "Guys, Jj's gonna serve us some hors d'oeuvres."

Lettie tugs Jj back a few more steps as the kooks begin to descend on them. Internally, she groans, not wanting to bear witness to another fight. Jj motions to a member of the waitstaff who's carrying a tray of food, "Well, here are the hors d'oeuvres, right here," He squeezes Lettie's hand as they back themselves up towards the door of the club, "Hey, we'll be right back, okay?"

Lettie and Jj turn, walking as quickly as they can towards the door, hands still tightly linked, "We're actually gonna follow you in here just to make sure..."

However, Lettie doesn't hear the rest of the sentence because as soon as they're in the club, Jj is pulling her along at a run.

"We should have never left that closet," Lettie hisses as they run. She releases Jj's hand, pushing some chairs in Rafe and company's path before catching up to Jj. Her heels slow her down slightly, but again, she's french, she's fine. 

Eyes are on them as they duck around a corner, and people are yelling out in protest. She listens for the kooks that had been chasing them, but hears nothing, "Let, here!" Jj calls, turning down into a hallway, Lettie following a few steps behind. For a second Lettie feels stupid for intentionally putting herself into this kind of danger, but for Jj, she knows it's worth it.

Dodging two women, Lettie hears Rafe again, "Jj! Lettie! Come on, guys!"

Lettie grabs Jj's arm, pulling him into the next room she sees. Looking around, Lettie realizes it's a men's bathroom, "You good, Baby?" Jj asks, looking her up and down, she nods, wordlessly dragging him along further. Jj starts to try to open a stalls, "Ah excuse me, guys," Jj mutters, earning a yell from whoever's inside. Jj moves to the next stall, but nothing is budging, "Sorry! Sorry! Just really gotta go!"