Chapter 2: Perfect Heroine

"Why are you being mean towards Kim Jisoo by avoiding her? Are you not friends?"

The cold tone coming from the famous Cha Eunwoo gave everyone the chills but his face looked indifferent. Jisoo stared at the scared looking Nayeon and thought of helping her out a bit but a firm hold on her wrist stopped her.

"He's right, you know." Rowoon stated, still holding her wrist. "She's being mean to you for no reason at all."

"That's because—" Jisoo was just about to tell him that there's a reason but the sudden arrival of the teacher had interrupted them all of the tension.

"Settle down everyone! Let's start the class."

Thanks to the teacher, Nayeon was saved from Cha Eunwoo's interrogations. Jisoo herself felt relieved and couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor girl. She pondered to what she have to do in order to clear the misunderstanding. Jisoo continually thought of possible ways for Nayeon to acknowledge her until she arrived back to her home.

"I'm home!" Jisoo announced.

"You're here?" Jin suddenly appeared by the entrance, welcoming his sister. "How's your day? Nothing bad happened, right? Just tell me if someone's bothering you and I'll—"

"Everything's fine oppa." Jisoo cut in. "I'm okay."

"Good." Jin finally looked relieved. "Come inside. I brought you something."

"What is it?" Jisoo asked excitedly.

"Tadaaa!" Jin showed his sister 2 cartons of banana milk. "It's your favorite!" Jin smiled.

Jisoo laughed. "Wow. Thanks oppa!" Jisoo took the cartons gratefully. "How cute."

"Of course. For my precious sister!" Jin said as he ruffled her hair gently.

"By the way, oppa." Jisoo took a pause from drinking one of the milk. "Im Nayeon." Jisoo started and she could see how her brother's figure became stiff.

"What about her?" Jin looked upset as he asked.

"Uh— Well, she's my classmate and—"

"What?" Jin looked horrified. "Did she do something to you? I mean, is she still ignoring you?"

"Oppa—" Jisoo looked troubled, knowing too well that Jin had known about the original Jisoo being bullied. "I won't let that happen again, oppa. So please don't worry about it anymore. It's all in the past now." Jisoo assured.

"You're right. What am I thinking? If you say so yourself, then I'm sure you'll be okay." Jin smiled. "But why are you talking about Im Nayeon all of a sudden?"

Jisoo told her brother everything about Nayeon being a victim too and the fact that she was only ignoring her because of feeling guilty. Jin finally realized that he might have been too hard on Nayeon by ignoring her every time they would meet somewhere around the apartment complex.

"Now, I feel bad." Jin said.

"Don't worry, oppa. I'll make sure that I'll clear all the misunderstanding between us." Jisoo assured once again, making her brother smile.

"Wow. You've really change a lot. You've grown into fine girl, Soo. I'm so proud of you." Jin stated, making Jisoo's face fell.

Jisoo felt guilty and sorry at the same time, knowing that the little sister that Jin knew was no longer in this world.

"This time around. I'll make sure that everything will be okay with Kim Jisoo's life. I'll make sure that no one would bully her. And to do that, I'll just have to make sure that she will not become the heroine this time. Ugh! That damn author! How can she be so mean towards the heroine? Making her life this miserable."