Chapter 8

No we did not- eh em- "do the do", but we did kiss for a while. After about a minute I pulled away and said, "Exactly how is this gonna happen?" Zach replied, "I was planning on separating myself from that group completely. Cold turkey. They are gonna be asking what happened to me and I'm gonna say I found something better to do with my life." "Zach, it's not as easy as you think, you're not gonna have any friends, everybody is going to be talking about this-" "And I'm going to tell them I found a wonderful girl who inspired me to be a better person," he said kissing me again. "Are you sure?" "Positive." "Zach, I don't even know your last name and we're making out on my bed, doesn't something seem wrong here?" "Yes, so let's change that. My name is Zachary William Roberts," he said smiling. "I'm Siena Marie Zimmerman," I said laughing. "See, now we properly know one another," said Zach, "so how about that movie?" I look around and thought of a better idea. "Why don't we watch a movie on Netflix right now? There's no need to go out and buy tickets to sit in uncomfortable chairs and watch one movie when we can watch multiple movies right here right now." "Have I ever mentioned how adorable you are?" Zach laughed. "No but you can say it again," I said, smiling and laughing. "Haha, I will if you get us some popcorn," he said."Coming right up," I said heading downstairs to make some. I came back upstairs with a freshly popped bowl to see Zach laying back, waiting for me. To be honest I'm just relieved he wasn't going through my panty drawers. I sat down next to him and he put his arm around me. We decided to watch Peter Pan, one of my favorite movies since I was a kid. Next thing I know I'm falling asleep.

I wake up around 5:00 AM and notice Zach nowhere in sight. I look over and see he's left me a text saying...

Zach: Good morning beautiful! I just wanted to let you know I left last night after you fell asleep, and I didn't want you to be alarmed when you woke up! I'll see you in the morning❤

Wait, are we officially together? I don't know, I'll ask him later I guess. I got up and went through my normal routine. Then I went downstairs to make myself breakfast. Once I got into the kitchen, there was a knock at the door. I open it and see Zach. "Hey you," I laughed. "Hey," he smiled right back. "Come on in." "Have you had breakfast yet?" he asked picking me up onto the counter. "Nope I was just about to have cereal or something because my mom's at work." "You want me to make you something?" he asked. "You can cook?" I ask astonished. "I make a pretty mean omelet," he said laughing. "Well then yes please. I'm gonna run upstairs and change into school clothes but I'll be right back," I said running upstairs. I like him so much better as a sweet guy than a bad boy. Hopefully everyone else will too.

I run back downstairs to see two perfectly made omelets on plates. We sit down, eat our breakfast, and just talk. I found out he has an older sister that goes to Stanford, he plays football, and so much more. After breakfast, his friends honk their horn outside, indicating that they're there to pick him up. Before he leaves I say, "So are we officially together or..." He smiles and says, "After I tell the guys I'm not part of their shit anymore." "Okay, good luck with that," I say laughing as he kisses me goodbye. Oh, what were the girls going to say about this...

I wait a little longer before they come to pick me up. I hear a honk in the driveway, telling me it was time to leave. I leapt out of my seat, grabbed my backpack and headed out the door. As I slide into the back seat I smile at everyone. "I have something to tell you guys..."

*
*
*

"OH MY GOD," says Carmen as she's driving. "SIENA, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?" asked Kylie. "Guys, I know he meant it and I believe him." "Are you positive?" asked Lily. "Yes, and besides he's really hottttttt." "How did you manage to get a boyfriend, the most popular guy in school, on your first day of school, and I can't get a boyfriend, and I've been here for 4 years?!" asked Taylor. "You guys are gorgeous, there's no one worthy of dating you guys," I said sweetly. They all looked at one another and then burst into laughter. They seemed to be doing that a lot.

We drove into the school parking lot and headed inside. Everybody was staring at me. It looks like Zach has done it already. We go to everyone's locker and then finally mine, I get all of my stuff out and then we're just standing there talking. "Why is everyone staring?" I ask. "News spreads quick here, if Zach has already done it, this is probably what it is," said Taylor. Just as she finished, we look over and see Zach walking down the hall... with his old friends. This can't be good. "Hey Zach," I said trying not to sound clingy or anything. "Hey there," he said putting his arm around me and kissing the top of my head. "Did you do it yet?" I whisper, looking at his friends still behind him. "Ya, and surprisingly they're okay with it. They don't want to be like that either." "Are you saying the ENTIRE bad boy group of the school is gone?" "Ya pretty much," he laughed/smiled. "The cheerleaders aren't so happy about it, so if they say anything to you or them, just ignore it okay?" "Okay, so this is all real, no dares? Nothing like that?" I ask, worried about all of this. "Nope, I promise, and I always keep my promises."

I look over and see the former bad boy crew flirting with my friends. They seemed to like it. Did I just get my friends boyfriends? This was crazier than I expected. I looked over at Zach and he just smiled and whispered in my ear, "Everything is turning out right, all because you came here. You're the best thing that's happened to West-Ridge in years." I look around and finally look back at him. Was he right? Was I really the best thing that's happened to that school in YEARS? I just kissed him and everybody cheered. This felt like a dream, but it really wasn't.

Everyone went their separate ways once the bell rang except me, Taylor, and Zach. We all walked to English together. People kept smiling at us in the hallway. Once English was over, Zach gave me a kiss and Taylor and I went to Gym. It was a perfect day. Everything seemed to be going so well... until lunch.