-=Beach Day=- (Josh X Reader)

Bf/gf affection is gonna happen in this one <3

(Y/N) POV:
*ring... ring...* I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. 'Who could be calling right now?! It's 7am! Not to mention it's a Saturday!' I sit up and reach over for my phone, and see that my boyfriend Josh is calling me. I answer the phone while yawning.
"Hello?" I say.
"Good morning babe. Sorry to call so early, but I was just going to let you know that me and the boys are going to the beach today, and I was wondering if you wanted to come?" Josh asked. I rub my eyes and get up.
"Yeah I'd love to!"
"Okay. Can I pick you up in a couple hours?"
"Yup. I'll be ready." I say.
"Okay. I love you." He says.
"I love you too. Bye." And with that I hang up, and get into the shower. After my shower I get dressed, putting my bathing suit on, and throwing a thin dress over it. I pack a towel and sunscreen into a bag, and put my hair up into a ponytail. I slip my sandals on and put my sunglasses on top of my head, then go to eat breakfast. As I finish eating and washing my dishes, I get a text from Josh.
Josh: *Hey beautiful, I'm on my way. See you soon❤️*
Me: *okie dokie❤️* I put my phone down on the counter and flip through the tv channels as I wait for Josh to get here. About 20 minutes later, I hear a knock on my door, followed by Josh's voice.
"Hey Y/N it's me."
"Doors open." I say as I turn the tv off and stand up. I walk over to the counter and grab my phone and bag, then walk over to the door, where Josh is waiting. He smiles and pulls me in for a kiss, before turning to open the door. I walk out with Josh following me, and I turn back around to lock the door. Josh and I walk to his car, and I put my bag into the back, then sit down in the passenger seat. Josh starts his car, and pulls out of the driveway. We start our journey to the beach, which is about an hour away. I roll my window down and stick my arm out. Both the sun and the breeze feel amazing. I'm glad I decided to go to the beach, because I definitely didn't want to miss out on this beautiful day with my boyfriend and our friends. I watch as buildings fly by in a blur, and soon the buildings turn into trees and other nature, and I decide to turn up the radio just a bit, then close my eyes. I can sense Josh looking over at me, and he rests his hand on my thigh, giving it a slight squeeze. I open my eyes and raise my eyebrows at him, giving him a challenging look. He smirks and squeezes my thigh tighter for a quick second, and I just roll my eyes playfully, and go back to enjoying the breeze and music.
"You may regret that later, but who knows..." I say.
"Oh really? You don't think I'll take this further later tonight? I totally will." He smirks again, but I don't see it. I chuckle to myself and think about what I should do at the beach. 'Hmm.. should I lay in the sand for a bit, then go in the water? Ooh! Maybe I'll challenge Josh and the boys to a water fight!' I smile slightly at the thought of having a great day with my favorite people. I notice that I started to doze off when Josh's voice startles me slightly.
"Wake up baby, we're almost there." I blink a few times.
"I'm awake, I'm awake." I say. A few minutes later, we pull into a small parking lot and Josh parks the car next to Mully's. Everyone is already here, and they are talking by Eddie's car. I get out and grab my bag, then walk over to the group and hug everyone. After a few minutes of small talk, we grab our things and find an empty spot of the beach. Everyone lays down their own towels to sit on, and after laying mine down, I put my sunscreen on. Once I'm done rubbing it all in, I help set up an umbrella that one of the boys brought. Eddie has gone to his car to get the cooler of drinks, and I offer to help him carry it the rest of the way, since it's a pretty big cooler.
"I'd greatly appreciate some help with this! Thanks Y/N." He smiles at me as we carry the cooler to the shade that the umbrella is providing, and once we set it down, I notice that I'm just barely starting to break a sweat.
"Would anyone care to join me in the water?" I ask. Everyone looks at me and nods.
"Last one there's a rotten egg!" Juicy yells as he takes off running. I get a slow start, and as I'm running, I feel my feet come off the ground and I notice that Josh picked me up bridal style. I hang on to his neck as he starts to catch up with Juicy, and once we reach the water, I kick water at Josh and the boys, which starts a huge water fight. Within a minute I'm completely soaked and out of breath from laughing. I jog out of the water and go back to our spot in the sand, and grab a water out of the cooler and chug it. Soon after I sit down, I see Josh smiling at me as he walks back. He lays down on his towel next to me and looks at me with the cutest face ever.
"How's your day so far baby?" He asks.
"Pretty good, I am a little tired from the water fight though," I say, "how has yours been?"
"Amazing thanks to you and the boys." He smiles and pulls me in for a short but sweet kiss. He lays down on his towel again and I watch the other boys as they wrestle each other. I giggle and sigh out of happiness. A few minutes later, they all make their way back to our spot and sit down.
"Have fun out there boys?" I ask.
"Yep!" they all say at the same time. I put some more sunscreen on, then lay down on my towel. I start to doze off as the boys start up small conversations, and don't realize about an hour has passed when I wake up.
"Holy crap, did I really fall asleep for an hour?" I ask.
"You sure did." Juicy says.
"Care to join me in the water again Y/N?" Josh asks. I nod and get up, grabbing Josh's hand as we walk to the water. The sun is barely starting to set, and I hug Josh as I stare out into the horizon. He kisses my head and wraps an arm around me, staring in the same direction.
"I love you." I say as I look up at him.
"I love you too baby." He leans down and kisses me. This time it's a longer kiss, and I melt into the kiss. As Josh pulls away I look into his crystal blue eyes, and lay my head against his chest. He lays his head on mine, and we stand there in silence for a while. As the sun sets a bit more, the other boys come join us. We all watch the sun disappear over the horizon, and once we can't see it anymore, we call it a day and head back to our spot to clean everything up. Once we get back to the cars, we all exchange hugs goodbye.
"Thank you for the great day guys. Y'all are the best!" I say as I get into the passenger seat of Josh's car. Josh gets in a minute later and starts the car. As he pulls out of the parking spot, I wave to the other boys as they get into their cars. A couple minutes later, we're on our way back to my house. Since there was no traffic on the way back, it only took us 45 minutes instead of an hour. Josh parked his car in the driveway next to mine and walked me to my door. I unlocked the door and we both walk in.
"Would you like to stay the night? It's getting pretty late, and you must be pretty tired." I ask Josh.
"I'd love to. Thank you babe." I go change into sweats and a tank top, then put my hair up into a messy bun. As I walk out Josh whistles at me, and I roll my eyes.
"What? Can a man not admire his hot girlfriend?" He pushes me up against the counter with either arm around me, trapping me. He kisses me, and then moves down to kiss my neck.
"I never said that. You're just being silly." I smirk and boop his nose, then duck under his arm to make a late night snack for us.
"I'm just keeping my word for what I said earlier." Josh says. I roll my eyes again playfully.
"I'm too tired tonight. Another night I promise." I wink at him as I walk to my room with my snack, with Josh following close behind me with his. I put on our favorite movie, and I don't even get halfway through the movie before falling asleep. I'm not sure when Josh fell asleep though, but it couldn't have been much later than me, considering how tired he looked. I just know that I had an amazing day with my boyfriend and our friends.

———————————————————————————
I'm so sorry this took so long! I have had zero motivation lately, but it's done! I have a few requests to do, and I'll get those out asap! I hope you guys are doing amazing❤️ I love y'all so much!