19 | Liar

Y/N

_

It hasn't even been 5 hours, and I'm about to break up with my first boyfriend.

If he even deserves to be called that. My cheeks were burning as I strode down the hall, ignoring the confused looks I was getting from the other students. How could he do this to me? How could he use me like that?

Thanks to Oliver, I knew where Tom's dorm room was. Girls weren't allowed in that part of the school, but honestly, I didn't care. As I approached the room, I let my hand graze against my pocket knife, ensuring it would be there. Kicking the door with my heel, it flew open, and I caught Tom laying on his bed.

"Uh-hey!" He stammered, his eyes widening, "what's going on?"

I didn't respond, but let out an angry puff of air. He stood up from his bed to approach me, and I took that opportunity to make my move. Grabbing his wrist, I spun him around and planted his back up against the wall. He let out a surprised groan as I whipped out the knife and pinned the sleeve of his shirt down.

Holding his other arm down with my elbow, I stared him down in disgust.

"Um..." he mumbled, biting his lip nervously, "I didn't think you were into this stuff."

I frowned, "what the hell, Tom?"

"What?"

"Where is it?"

"Where is what?"

I rolled my eyes, letting go of him and beginning to search through his stuff. He was still unable to move, so all he could do was watch as I dug through his mattress and under his pillows.

"Don't act stupid," I growled, "where's the necklace?"

"What necklace?"

"The one you stole!"

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

I scoffed, turning to fumble through his bedside drawers. Sure enough, I found a few questionable things. I picked up a tool kit, one similar to the one Oliver was using.

"A lock pick?" I said, holding it up, "explain why you have this!"

He grinned sheepishly, "I forget my locker combo sometimes."

I threw it onto the bed, digging through the drawer again. Inside there was a red and blue mask, and I held it up as well.

"Then explain the mask," I retorted, "why would you need this?"

"I'm spider-man."

"Spider-man isn't real, idiot," I scoffed.

Digging back through, I froze when my fingers grazed against something cold at the bottom. Gently tugging it back up to the surface, my heart dropped when I saw the jewels laying in the palm of my hand. A part of me was hoping Tom was innocent, but now there was no doubt he wasn't.

And that freaking hurt.

"I'm taking you in," I muttered, slipping the necklace into my pocket.

Once Tom saw that I had found the stolen artifact, his face completely changed, and he began to panic, "I can explain!"

"Explain what?" I urged, retrieving my knife and flipping his wrists behind his back, "are you going to explain how you used me?"

"I didn't use you!"

"Really? You've been pretending to be my boyfriend just so you could get away with it!"

"That has nothing to do with it!"

"What? So you just happened to date the spy who was after you?"

Unhooking the locket around my neck, I twisted it around his wrists and tightened it into a knot. The metal was made out of those used in handcuffs, and it was unfortunate the first time using the tool, it was on him. A thieving, lying, conniving ex-boyfriend.

"I'm telling you, I can explain!" Tom cried out again, "I promise."

"Just give up already, you can explain it to the judge when you get sent to jail."

"Please just hear me out!"

"No!"

"I'll let you take me in, if you just give me a second to explain."

I sighed, turning him around to glare at him. I was annoyed, I was tired, and I felt betrayed.

"Fine," I gave in, "you have one minute."

Tom's eyes lit up, and he began to stutter. I didn't know why I gave in to his offer, but a part of me had a sliver of hope that even some impossible chance proving his innocence was real. I just wanted to know if what we had was real.

"You can't arrest me for stealing something that was already stolen," he started.

I raised an eyebrow in disbelief, "what are you talking about?"

"The necklace," he muttered, taking a deep breath, "it belongs to the school."

_

the book almost over oop

Dismissed ⤯ Tom Hollandजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें