23 | Dismissed

Y/N

_

TWO YEARS LATER

I finally felt like I had my life back.

Ever since that day I left BIC, there was never a day where I felt like I was tied down or being used. After Tom, Jamie, and Oliver graduated, our new lives began.

Jamie joined the SIS (Secret Intelligence Service), where she could finally fulfill her dreams of being an agent and put that pinning move to good use. I haven't seen her in a while, but every now and then she visits us in Kingston.

Oliver actually started a non-profit bookshop a couple blocks away from our apartment. All the profits go to the LGBTQ+ charity in London. He works part time at the local university library, and comes by every weekend.

And Tom and I? Funny story. After the graduation, we donated all the artifacts to various museums and used the money to fund the financial aid scholarships at Francis. From there, we did the complete unexpected. Since my agent skills were still intact, Tom and I started our own Laser Tag company where I occasionally taught sportsman classes. It was amazing.

"Hey," I heard Tom call out, the front door swinging open.

I was in the living room, jotting down notes when he walked in. His hair was slicked back neatly, and he was wearing a white collared navy shirt. If aging was a subject, he got an A+. maybe even an A++++++++++. More than that.

"Welcome home," I grinned, "I got you a present."

"Did you now?"

"Yep!"

Today marked the three year anniversary of our relationship. Three whole years with him, and all of them were magical. I had gotten him a tiny little gift to celebrate, and I knew it wasn't much, but it's the thought that counts. It was a glass cup set that had cute cartoon apples decorating the sides. Apple juice cup! Since he loved apple juice, of course. And.... we also started our relationship over by drinking apple juice.

"Here," I smiled, sliding the wrapped box off of the couch, "open it."

"It's heavy, what's inside?"

"Find out for yourself!"

He let out a chuckle, and began to rip through the wrapping paper. Once he reached the actual gift, his face was priceless. He looked like he was about to sob.

"This is adorable," he beamed, pulling me in for a kiss, "thank you, darling."

"Glad you like it," I laughed, "are you going to tell me why you're so dressed up?"

"Thought you'd never ask. I'm taking you somewhere."

"Where?"

"You know when I take you there."

I rolled my eyes, heading over to the shoe mat. Slipping on my ballet flats, I unlocked our apartment door and waited for Tom to follow me out into the hallway. Soon we were riding along the road in the yellow buggy Dom had gifted us.

"Are we leaving the city?" I questioned, my eyes glued out the window.

It had been a few minutes, and I noticed we were drifting off of the main roads. Soon we started to enter a desolate looking area, the street surrounded by a forest of trees.

"Yes, yes we are," Tom nodded, his left hand gripped to the steering wheel, "like the view?"

"It looks familiar."

"That's probably because it is."

"Are we going to Glasgow?" I gasped, sitting up in my seat, "it's been ages!"

Ever since we started the business, we never had much time to go visit Francis. I wondered how it was getting along now, especially with all the new funding it had. I hoped the cracked brick walls were fixed. The two of us drove for another half hour, before we stopped in front of a different place. Much to my surprise, we didn't go to Francis. We went to Tom's pond.

"I forgot about this place," I smiled, opening the car door, "it looks exactly the same."

Tom didn't say anything, but nodded his head towards the willow tree. I followed after him, my heart beat quickening. The last time he brought me here, he told me his feelings. Walking through the branches made it feel like I was walking abc into the past.

"So," I smiled, "what are we doing here?"

"I thought you were a spy?"

"Ex-spy."

"I thought you'd be able to deduct the reason why I brought you here."

"I thought I wouldn't have too," I smirked, "what are you planning, Tom?"

He puckered his lips, squinting his eyes happily. He stuck his hands into his pockets, rocking back and forth excitedly.

"It's been a while," he started, "since the first day you came to that school."

"I know."

"And after a while you start to realize things."

"yeah.."

"And I realized that some specific things had to come to an end eventually."

...

What?

Was he breaking up with me? I didn't respond, staring at him with a horrified expression on my face. I couldn't believe what he just said, but he didn't seem to care. He kept talking.

"But..." he mumbled, "after every end, comes a new start."

"What are you talking about?"

He slid his hand out of his pocket, flashing the tiny velvet box that had been tucked inside. My stomach dropped, and suddenly I was even more speechless than before. I could only watch as he got down on one knee, popping open both the box and the question.

"Being your boyfriend has been the best part of my life," he said, "but I don't want to be only your boyfriend anymore."

Inside the box was a huge diamond ring. And when I mean huge, I mean huge. The jewel alone was about as big as the nail on my thumb.

"And I want you to be my wife," he smiled hopefully, "what do you say?"

Holy holy holy holy holy holy holy crap.

I had never gotten engaged before. Who am I kidding, of course I haven't been! It just felt insane that my very first boyfriend was now going to be my husband. I couldn't even process it. Thankfully, I managed to keep my composure.

"Oh my god," I stammered, "yes, yes of course!"

Tom let out a relieved sigh, and hopped back up to pull me into another kiss. Our first kiss as fiancés. After a few more sweet moments, we pulled away, and Tom held up the ring.

"That's a huge diamond," I smiled, "did you steal it?"

After I caught him with the necklace, I never failed to make robber jokes to him. Even though he was stealing from corporate thieves, he was still a thief. An adorable thief.

"Last time I checked," he smirked, "the only thing I stole was your heart."

"That was disgusting, never say that again."

"You know you love me."

He wasn't wrong. I really did. I really, really, really did. I was the luckiest girl alive, and I now could flaunt it more than ever.

"Yeah," I smiled, watching him slide the ring on my finger, "I really do love you."

Dismissed ⤯ Tom HollandOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara