•FOURTY•

Hogwarts express pulls into Kings Cross Station mid afternoon in London, students eager to spend summer with no classes. Tom, Conscious and the rest of the Slytherins step off.

"Owl me as soon as you all are unpacked." Tom instructs to the Knights.

"Always about business Riddle." Zevi snickered sticking his hand out for Tom to shake.

Tom grins slightly. "Business is what makes a man." Taking his friend hand for a shake.

"Keep an eye on him." Abraxas mutters hugging Conscious. She pulls back nodding, knowing Tom was now free to continue spilling his soul now that school was done.

"Take care Abraxas, Ill be looking forward to this Ball." Conscious smiles.

"If anything changes and you need any help, owl me alright?" Abraxas spoke, putting a hand on her upper arm giving it a light squeeze.

She nodded, jumping slightly feeling an arm snake around her waist pulling her close. She glanced at Tom, he clearly jealous.

"Have a good summer Malfoy, be sure to tell your parents i'll be bring my girlfriend with me when we arrive next week." Tom smirked, rubbing in Abraxas face even more. Though he never saw Conscious as anything more of a friend it was in Toms nature to claim, being so possessive of whatever he had.

Conscious bit her cheeks, she knew damn well Tom was using girlfriend to mark her even more. "We better be on our way, right Tom?"

He nodded, saying his final goodbyes carry both his and Conscious bags even though she insisted she was more than capable.

"Tom, I can carry my bags." She muttered trying to reach for her bag. Both had used a spell to fit all their items in simple bags so they had no need to bring a massive chest.

"Conscious enough, I got it." He rolled his eyes. "Now I must return to the Orphanage to state I will not be returning. You can wai-"

"I want to come." Conscious cut him off.

He hesitated. "I don't want you to see where i've come from."

She stopped walking, causing him to turn furrowed brows. "Tom, I do not care where you're from."

"It isn't a pleasant place to see, i'd rather you wait at the Leaky Cauldron for me." Tom insisted.

"I want to know all of you Tom, it doesn't matter where your from." She pushed.

He let out a sign, it'd be a waste of time arguing with her. "Alright, but don't say I didn't warn you." She smiled, feeling accomplished, even adding a small skip to her walk as they continued.

"It's only fair I attend after your stunt at the station."

He glanced at her. "What stunt?"

"You do not have to make Abraxas or any of the boys jealous." She explained.

"I like to keep whatever is mine mine."

"I'm not an object for display, if this is going to be a stable relationship we must trust each other." Conscious frowned.

"I wasn't saying you are. You are mine, and I want you by my side. Those bowing at our feet as we rise to great."

"You already have this all planned." She snickered.

"I have many plans for you and I. Now come here darling, i'm tired of walking." He smiled extending his arm for them to aparte.