•FIFTY SEVEN•

I can feel my blonde hair swirling around my body. I imagine my wounds still bleed, dancing with the unknown substance I stay afloat in. It's felt like hours, maybe even days but it I really couldn't tell anymore.

I keep my eyes closed, unable to see where I truly am but my senses are still alert. There was no air for my lungs to breathe, no solid space to grab onto.

It was neither cold or hot, I couldn't feel anything in the air but the pressure of the continues to push my body around. Was this really my end?

I refuse to open my eyes, even though my curiosity to see where I would be trapped for eternity. Behind these closed eyes is the last memory of the last thing I'll ever see.

Tom.

Tom and his green eyes filed with rage, yet I could see specks of fear in them.

His long limbs desperately trying to grab ahold of home before I feel into this. His normal facade finally blew up in front of him, I've seen him lose his cool many times, but I've never seen him lose his power. He always walked around with confidence, he strode with such force and great will.

No matter what anyone thought of him, Tom was powerful. You could hate him or love him but undoubtedly you could sense just what sort of man he was. And me vanishing before him caused all his power to end. Any emotions Tom had left was shown right there, the last thing I'd come to see and I refuse to open my eyes to lose that picture.

Strangely this was relaxing yet terrifying, I felt absolutely nothing but calmness, but would this feeling be forever?

Being immortal really did suck.

I could've been dead by now, not trap inside the Veil. I knew nothing of this artifact, only that you die once you walk through but I wasn't dead so now what? Was I alone?

I opened my mouth, attempting to shout for anyone to hear but nothing happened, only empty screams echoed. No sound could be heard, not even my own.

I should probably open my eyes, maybe it was more than just a pit of nothing, I could feel some sort of light through my lids, at least I wouldn't be surrounded by darkness.

Would my magic work in here as well? So many thoughts yet no no answers would ever be answered. Finally, I allowed my blue orbs meet my fate.

I blinked, I didn't feel any pain looking around. I was surrounded by grey clouds, fog maybe? It was like walking through a cloudy forest at dawn, peaks of the sun light sparkling.

I Frowned and tried to create a flame in my hand but nothing came, in fact using my
magic made me feel weaker. Any movement in the slightest made me feel one hundred pounds heavier. Was this really the end?

This wasn't suppose to happen. I'm not sure who to even blame at this point, myself Bartemius? The situation itself perhaps? Tom?

No, this wasn't Tom's fault.

Tom.

I wonder what he was doing, I wonder if he even got away. I pray one of the Knights acted and got them somewhere safe. My manor maybe?

I miss him, I have no sense of time here, it could only be a few moments since I've fallen or it could've been years. I wonder if I'll go mad here. I wonder if Tom has gone mad, he says he cares but I know he doesn't feel like how I felt.

I knew he never loved me, but I loved him. How pathetic I've come, the thing I hated more than ever. A hopeless romantic for a man who would never spare the same feelings. I put myself here, I allowed my emotions to overrun me for the first time in decades.