•FIFTY SIX•

"NO!" Tom screamed hands grasping the air where Conscious once stood.

Her eyes wide but blank of anything as she fell deeper and deeper, Tom's eyes wild as they met hers before she vanished, his body frozen
as he sank to his knees.

Abraxas came right behind him, grabbing his arms attempting to bring him back to his feet. "We need to go!"

Tom couldn't hear anything but the sound of his own heart in his throat, this couldn't be happening. His breathing quicken and his body felt numb. This couldn't be happening, this wasn't meant to happen.

"Tom!" Abraxas shook him, "We have to leave!" He pushed Abraxas off him, still sat on his knees he couldn't leave. Tom whipped his head where Bartemius laid unconscious again, seeing Zevi erase his memories of their identity he presumed.

"Tom please, we have to go. Orion placed a block from anyone entering but it isn't going to last long." Abraxas spoke softly, bending down to his height. "We'll find a way to get her back but we can't if we're in Azkaban." Tom didn't look at Abraxas, his eyes hard on Bartemius body. But he knew Abraxas was right, they needed to leave before it was to late.

Tom raised to his feet, his gaze now on the Veil again, he had no idea how it even worked expect for the fact you die. But she was immortal so what in merlins name would happen to her.

"Come, Alphard has the porkey." Abraxas spoke, taking Toms upper arm to which he shrugged him off.

"Do not touch me." He hissed.

Gripping his wand tightly as he turned back to Bartemius walking over with king strides before picking up his wand snapping it and throwing it into the Veil that stole Conscious from him. Then he raised his foot crushing his skull in. A loud crack could be heard, blood dripping off his oxfords and a small pool filled next to Barty's head. The amount of anger he felt was inhuman and everyone around could sense how he felt. Zevi grabbed Tom, pushing him towards the others knowing they needed to leave as they heard shouts coming closer. Everyone grabbed the book in the form of a porkey reappearing at the Conscious's manor.

Tom instantly left, heading to the study before Abraxas cut his path off. "Tom wait."

"Let me pass now." Tom growled.

"Let us help you, this isn't something you should be facing alone, she was our friend too." Abraxas replied, sadness spread upon his face.

"You were meant to keep her safe. I instructed you to protect her, yet she's not here is she?" Tom spoke slowly his jaw locking. "Crucio!"

Abraxas instantly collapsed, this being the second time today Tom had cursed him. He seized, grunts leaving his lips. He was already still weak and the pain felt ten times more painful, Toms emotions were beyond wild and it reflected in his magic. The others watched in horror only a few feet behind them. They knew Tom was angry, but was it worth inserting themselves to end up with the same fate as Abraxas?

"Riddle that's enough!" Zevi yelled finally, though his voice lack the confidence he use to have. He too was in shock not only witnessing Conscious's entering the Veil, her cold eyes staring at them all but they had murdered or severely hurt dozens moments ago.

"I warned him what the consequences were if he didn't follow such a simple instructions. She should've never been there." Tom snapped, still holding the curse as it reached over two minutes now.