Lost love

Amy has just arrived at Ben's house and is getting out of her car when her phone rings.

Amy- hey
Ben- hey are you here yet ?

Amy- yes I just pulled out I'm at the door now

Ben- okay I'll come let you in

Amy- thanks

Ben let's Amy into his house

Amy- hey Ben thanks again for doing this I really appreciate this

Ben- your welcome I'm glad to help you. I'm always here for you. You know that right ?

Amy- yea I know

They walk inside and Ben leads Amy to his room.

Ben- So the sheets are all clean and ready for you

Amy- *laughing thanks but you did not have to do that
Ben- yea I really did

Amy- where are you gonna sleep ?

Ben- on the floor

Amy- Ben no I'll sleep on the floor it's really ok

Ben- no no really it's fine please I owe you and letting you stay here as comfortable as possible is helping me repay that

Amy- what ? you don't owe me anything

Ben- yes I do... Remember when your dad threw me out of your house because I was talking bad about you right in front of your face?

Amy- oh yea I remember... but I've forgiven you it was a while ago

Ben- yea but I never fully apologized. So I want to say I'm truly sorry for all the means things I have ever said to you. It was wrong of me to say those hurtful words to you.

Amy- thank you Ben that means a lot

Ben- no, thank you for forgiving me when you had absolutely no reason to. I just wish I had apologized sooner.

Amy- sometimes people need to apologize later in life. I feel like I will have to apologize to many people later in life.

Ben- yea me too and I know it's not gonna be easy

Amy- well this has been an extremely deep conversation haha.

Ben- yes it has but it was definitely long overdue. Well I guess it's time for bed

Amy- I don't even think I'll be able to sleep. I have so many thoughts running through my head right now.

Ben- I'm sure you do. It's not easy breaking up with someone you thought you were gonna spend the rest of your life with.

Amy- yea it really is hard
Ben- Amy can I ask you something ? You don't have to answer if you don't want to though

Amy- okay sure ask away

Ben- when did you know you had to end your relationship with Ricky ?

Amy- umm it was a little while ago actually I just never realized until now that it was the right thing to do.

Ben- what do you mean ?

Amy- I found out some things that kinda hinted that I should break up with Ricky.

Ben- what things ?

Amy- I found out that he didn't feel anything when we had sex. Ethan told me because that's what Ricky told him. So that was the first thing and it hurt so bad hearing that.

Ben- that's horrible I'm sorry

Amy- yea it was, you can never tell anyone because no one not even Ricky knows.

Ben- of course I understand.

Amy- I kinda knew this all along I just never accepted it. Ricky is not in love with me. He loves me but it's not the same as being in love. That I've always known and finally accepting that hurt the most.

Ben- I don't know what to say for except I'm sorry
Amy. I'm sorry he wasn't in love with you because I knew and know you are in love with him.

Amy- thanks. Wait what ? How do you know I'm still in love with him ?

Ben- because you changed him by loving him and I feel like he was in love with you in the beginning and the middle. I think he just forgot what mattered in the end. Loving and being in love with you is the most important thing. He was focused on doing the right think for his parents, yours, and John.
Amy- yea I know I was too which is why it toke me till tonight to end it. I'm so scared to tell everyone. They are going to be so mad and disappointed in me.

Ben- maybe they will maybe they won't.

Amy- yea let's hope they understand I'm gonna go to bed now good night Ben. Thank you

Ben- good night 🌙