It's Not Over, is It?

Warnings: Blood, violence

A/N: Yes, I am doing a face reveal! This is used with an edit I did over some other computer stuff, so it's kind of like a drawing of me ^^ Keep in mind that I'm only 13 years old XD Thank you!! (Haha I've been told I look 20. I DON'T KNOW WHY.)

PS: PLEASE DON'T SKIM OVER THIS CHAPTER FOR THE FACE REVEAL, THIS CHAPTER IS VERY IMPORTANT :D

R E C A P:

"You're letting the power of dark magic control you," Lain said, breaking the silence.

"But I-" Claudia began, only to find a figure soaring up in the sky with someone on its back. "Who is that?"

"Callum and Ezran!"

------------

"Callum!" Claudia called out, waving her hands into the sky. 

Within seconds, Callum was tumbling down onto the grass, his arms still wrapped around Ezran rolling over to a stop, his chest heaving up and down as he lay motionless on the field.

"Oh dear," Tiadrin sighed, crossing over to Callum's direction and feeling his forehead and her eyes immediately glowed white, and in seconds she suddenly stated. "He seems to have a lot of trouble going on in his head, mixed feelings inside him. He seems to be handling a lot of guilt. The poor boy needs treatment on his toes, too," Tiadrin motioned.

"Let's take him back to the attic, I'm sure it's empty," Lain shrugged. "We should also get Rayla-"

"No, there has to be a reason," Claudia interjected.

"A reason for what?"

"Why else would Callum be over here? I don't think he meant to hurt Rayla," she stated. "I mean... he and Rayla were close, so whatever he did or might have done couldn't have been entirely his fault," Claudia admitted. "For now, we can go over to a good elf that I know, Lujanne's place." 

"But what about Rayla?" Lain asked. "She's hurt, the best thing we can do is to go get her. I feel like... I think something's wrong with her, I don't know why."

"I agree," Tiadrin nodded. "It's best if we go there. Once we see that Rayla is okay, we can go back to the place where we saw each other first and then we can go treat those two,"

"But..." Claudia sighed. "Please, just this once. Callum is hurt, I don't know about Ezran, and what's up with my face?!" She defended. "And how are we even supposed to carry them all?"

Lain sighed in defeat. "Alright, she has a point."

"Let's go, then." Tiadrin smiled, and they headed off to the illusionist house.

-----------

S O R E N

In the blink of an eye, Rayla's slim and youthful figure transformed into a bony, pale man with disheveled hair and dark, gray eyes that you could hypnotize you into a trance.

It was him.

"Hello, son."

Amaya instantly got up into a battle stance, despite her past wounds as she spontaneously held a sword up to Viren's face, looking at him dead in the eyes.

"Dad? What are you- how are you... what's going on?" Soren demanded, baffled.

"Oh, Soren," Viren sighed. "If only you hadn't been so... foolish,"

"What?" Soren inquired.

"I always wanted a son like me..." Viren began, walking in circles around him. "Someone who was serious. Willing to do the right thing. Smart. Intelligent, independent, even." Viren sneered. He took a few steps closer to Soren and hissed into Soren's ear, "But you were quite the opposite."

"Dad- Viren," Soren corrected. This dark mage wasn't even his dad anymore.  "I didn't... I don't..." Soren began, dejected, and gazing onto the floor.

Viren laughed. "Look at you! I should never have even bothered to heal you with dark magic when you were just a boy," Viren began. "Oh wait. You still are."

Amaya, noticing what was happening, took five more steps up to Viren's face, pointing the tip of her sword at him.

"Oh," Viren began. "You wouldn't."

But she did.

That badass woman did.

Faster than you could say, "Ouch," Amaya drew her sword and quickly (but swiftly) swiped the tip of her blade across his face- not deep enough to kill him, but definitely hard enough to leave a scar for a couple of years.

Viren growled, turning his face away to regain himself from the sudden hit, his face coiled in agony.

Amaya couldn't help but smirk.

"You'll pay for this," the mage growled. "I suggest you take a few steps back if you don't want to get hurt," Viren warned his eyes a deep shade of purple which sunk into his skull. 

"Never," Janai joined her blade drawn out with a loud and clear stink. 

"Then so have it," Viren snarled as he placed his staff down, chanting, "Venenum tenebris!" 

In an instant, Janai's figure began to change as if she were made of clay, her eyes turning into a deadly firey sunset and her skin turning pale. Her hair became as white as snow, and the sides of her face were cracked with blood dripping down mercilessly against the sides.

Within seconds, Soren found himself ducking, crouching down on the floor like a coward as he watched Janai's sword blaze over his head, missing his skull by nearly half an inch. So far, things definitely weren't going quite as planned.

"Janai, what's going on?" Soren exclaimed.

Although Amaya couldn't speak, her eyes said it all: The reason why Janai couldn't remember attacking the two wasn't that her memory was acting weird, but because it simply wasn't her. 

Had she been telling the truth all along?

"Wait, so does that mean that you wrote both Callum's letter, pretended to be Amaya and Janai?" Soren theorized. 

Viren's sneer said it all, and without thinking, Soren raised his sword before realizing that the numbers were now two against two, so if he got poisoned by the dark magic, he'd been in serious trouble.

And the next thing Soren knew, Viren's blade was crashing down onto his face as Soren rolled over as fast as he could.

The wound on his face wasn't bad, but a red line of blood traced from his jawline to the top of his eyebrow, bleeding ruthlessly down his nose and dripping under his chin.

Okay, maybe the wound was actually really bad.

The cut felt like someone melting his face off and putting loads of salt and vinegar onto the wound with a gallon of acid- Soren thought he had felt pain when he got shot, but this... this was too much for him to take.

He bit his lip to stop himself from crying out in pain, but quickly gathered himself when remembering the mage's words:

"But you were quite the opposite."

Soren immediately got up, ready to draw his sword- despite Soren bleeding like it was the end of the world, Amaya badly hurt, and Janai evil, if he had to sacrifice himself...

...If he had to sacrifice himself, it would have been worth it.

Soren sighed, tears threatening to fall down his face. "This is for you, Clauds."

But before he could even strike, a group of people busted in through the garage.

"Soren!" Claudia cried out in the attic.

-------------

OKAY, OKAY, face reveal time I'll only have this up for around 36 hours, so... yeah!

Alrighty, stick around for the next chappie!

Stay beautiful,

Serafina <3