You Are The Reason

A/N: FINALLY HAHA WHITE WINGS REFERENCE TIME

Rayla, meanwhile, struggled with a crazed monster who thirsted for her blood.

"Callum-" Rayla grunted while being slapped across the face with a racing white-hot pain. "I-it's me-!"

"I don't know anyone," Callum growled as he dove again, slamming her body onto the floor and turning her over so her eyes locked with his. 

"I don't want to fight you-"

But Rayla was muffled by the helm of a gun that Callum socked into her jawline, instantly shutting her up as she writhed in pain and her world started to fade out.

------

"I'd climb every mountain

Swim every ocean

Just to be with you

And fix what I've broken

Oh 'cause I need you to see

That you are the reason,"

Callum sang, his voice honey. Rayla rubbed her eyes in a fantasy to see Callum beaming back at her as he held onto her waist and through her into the air, when she looked down to see she was wearing a teal blue dress that flowed down like a river to her ankles.  

She raised her eyebrows as a way of saying, 'go on.' His voice was almost hypnotizing, light and silvery. 

Callum continued to sing as he stood by her, brushing a lock of her hair behind her ear before kissing her gently on the cheek. 

"There goes my hands shaking

And you are the reason

My heart keeps beating

I need you now

If I could turn back the clock

I'd make sure the light defeated the dark

I'd spend every hour, of every day

Keeping you safe,"

Rayla snuggled into Callum's warm embrace underneath the stars that decorated the sky as if someone had sprinkled them on. 

"I love you so much," Rayla chided and Callum wrapped a black and blue scarf around her neck. Rayla hesitated as she felt the material of the scarf in her hands. "Where did you get this?"

"I stole it from Lujanne-" Callum began, about to laugh when Rayla interrupted.

Rayla paused. "Wait, what?"

"Lujanne," Callum shrugged. "I made it for you,"

Rayla tried to remember.

Where had she heard this?

Something's wrong. Again. Rayla thought and she racked her brain for more information but to no avail.

The scarf.

"Rayla!" Callum called, his feet crunching in the snow. She turned around to find him holding a black and blue scarf in his hands. He smiled, placing it around her neck. "It's going to get colder. We don't need anyone else getting sick."

"Who are you to take care of me, bread eating human?" Rayla joked, pushing his side as he sat down in the white snow next to her. She held the scarf in her hands, rubbing her hands around the material. "Did you make this?" she asked.