6: A Hot First Kiss

Chapter 6

*Continuation of Flashback*

Kevin did not know whether to laugh or cry. He did not know the girl, but now, he was responsible for comforting her.

Yes, he did promise himself that he would pay back Mathilda, no matter how small or how big the favor was and no matter the consequences. But he never knew he would pay her back in this kind of way.

Clack.

While he was contemplating over what to do, he unknowingly tightly clutched the curtain and accidentally opened it, making a clatter that was loud enough for the girl to spot him.

"Shit," Kevin muttered.

He didn't know why but he felt like questioning the meaning of life at this moment.

With her skills, she did not have to spare an ounce of effort to know someone was there. But because she was hurt emotionally, her five senses, or maybe ten or more senses, were not working.

Even an average person would react to the sound and look towards his direction, but she simply stayed in the same position as before with her mind blacked out, as if she was just a doll and not a person.

Seeing that doll-like state of hers made him question the meaning of life even more.

Comforting others with measly kind words were as easy as pie to him. However, right now, it felt as hard as an iron.

He didn't know why but his heart felt crushed from the way she seemed so devoid of life.

"Hey, uhmm.. girl over there..." Kevin stuttered.

'Oh great. What a great start, Kevin. Just what we need. Fantastic. Standing ovation.'

"Shut up."

Great! Now, he was talking to himself, but instead of thinking, he said it out loud!

Kevin carefully looked back at the girl for any negative reaction.

Fortunately, the girl still had no reaction or he would have lost almost all chances to make a good first impression in front of her and win her heart back. Wait, did he just say that?

"Oy, female." Great, now he sounded like his damn twin.

Where's a book on how to comfort females when you needed one?

Seeing her with absolutely no reaction, Kevin became increasingly worried.

Wait, that's weird. He never worried over anyone, not even his own family. Yet here he was, worried for a stranger he had never met, a very beautiful one at that.

Wait, did he just say that?

Out of instinct and worry, he walked over towards her direction and saw something that unnerved him the most.

She was so lost in her thoughts that it was as if her soul was wandering around, leaving her body lifeless, frozen, and cold. Worried to the bone, Kevin went in front of her and slightly waved his hands at her face, but there was no reaction.

Great. Now, what the hell did Mathilda say for his beloved to end up like this?

Wait, did he just say that?

Kevin had many problems. But he needed to prioritize her's first.

Hell, he did not just say that.

This time, by instinct, his hands directly touched her soft delicate shoulders. He immediately felt the sparks and tingles but he disregarded it because of his worry for her which outweighed the feeling of being electrocuted.