Chapter 4: A Precious Child

Sora Saeko POV

When I woke up, in front of me was a wood grain ceiling. It seems for some reason, I was sleeping on a bed.

It was a dream — is what I thought but, I noticed that the ceiling in front of me was not something that's familiar to me.

I rose my body in panic and glanced around. Inclining my head towards my right, I noticed another person residing in this room. Currently in my arms sleeping soundly.

Upon noticing, simultaneously I awfully began to feel down.

This is my new reality, it still seems to not have stunk in yet. It feels surreal.

I notice a pair of blue eyes staring into mine. We made eye contact before he suddenly turned his head away, breaking eye contact.

Augusteen bit his lip, eyes everywhere but on me. Then he moves closer with those eyes that look so deeply into my own, "Hey, it's just me. I won't hurt you. How about you get some more sleep sweetie." His breathing becomes softer, the pensive look melting into a smile as soft as the morning light. His body squirms just a little as his muscles relax. 

I wrap my arms around him, laying him slowly back onto the bed. I lift some of his hair and kiss his forehead gently.

"Sleep tight, I'll prepare some breakfast."

He nodded slowly, his eye lids becoming heavy. Soon the sounds of soft snoring could be heard. I pull up the thin blanket to keep him warm.

This is what that books says when dealing with children right. As unreliable as it seems, it seems to be doing the trick.

The guide to being a villan book writes in a section:

If you happen to stumble upon a child which is an important character in a book

1.Take them in and treat them

2. Make them like and trust you to ensure you won't die soon

3. Kill them or use them as a mean to make money

4. Make sure it fails as to fufill your role of being the villan

5.Die

6. If all else fails and you can't die run for the hills (Optional)

Okay that is utterly stupid, especially the last few steps. This is utter bull crap. I don't even know why I'm using this as a guide unless I want to die soon.

Thank gosh the villain is still a child, they are more innocent and forgiving. But I hope they don't get a literal childhood trauma from me. Well he might forget this ever happen, let's hope so. Okay I need to fix what the villain has already done to at least make sure I don't die straight away if I'm found out.

Well I'm not going to use a poor boy as a bargaining chip since that goes against my ethics. So what now!

I hold my aching head, sighing loudly at my misfortune. 

Suddenly I hear a loud low growl.

I jump in fright.

Wait

.

.

.

Oh it was just my stomach.

Phew, it was just me being dumb

Well I did say I was going to cook some food. I figured out there was some food supplies in the special pocket, the damn goddess before forgot to mention it. I nearly died just trying to get food before.