Chapter 1

Here's To Love || h.s Fanfiction

Chapter One

_______________________________________

Adelaine's POV

This isn't Harry's fault.

None of this is.

I don't blame him.

I'm not angry at him.

I just don't know my feelings towards him since it's been a year.

Gemma and I will be graduating from high school in two days. Gemma hopes Harry will make a surprise appearance. I told her not to keep her hopes up.

"Hey, you okay?" I rub Gemma's back as she glances out her bedroom window. "Yeah. I just miss him sometimes, you know?" I can tell she's been crying.

"Yeah. Me too." My voice breaks.

"Girls, you have to get ready. Your interview is in an hour." I turn to see Anne putting her earrings on. I guess she was coming along as well.

"Okay, thanks." Gemma tries to smile as she wipes a tear.

"He'll come home soon. I promise." Anne gives us a sincere smile and shuts the door behind her.

I highly doubt he'll ever come home. I read on Google that Kylie Jenner helped him pick out a Malibu house. I think it's messed up he wouldn't even call his mom and notify her. It must be a thing British people do. I don't know.

"I'm gonna go get ready." I tell Gemma as I collect my stuff. "Okay." She sniffles as she closes her curtains.

Gemma misses him more than anyone else does. She hasn't had her brother in her life like a regular 17 year old would. I feel bad for. I would never understand how she feels.

I never had any siblings. I consider Gemma as my sister. If anything ever happened to her, I don't know what'll I do.

"Mom! Are you coming to my interview?" I ask as I walk into my house. "Yes!" She shouts back.

"Okay! I'll be getting ready!" I'm about to run up the stairs but my dad stops me.

"What?" I ask. "We have to tell you something." I can't read his expression.

"Bad or good?" I feel a weird feeling in my stomach. "Both." He slightly smiled and my mom appeared behind him.

"We're moving back to the U.S. You're dad's job re-transferred so we have to move back. We know you love it here in the U.K and you've been here since you were 3, but we have to. Or we'll get behind on the house and car. I hope you understand." My mom explains.

My whole world just fell apart. None of this was my parent's fault; I shouldn't be mad at them. But this meant, no more Gemma, no more going to Anne for help, no more wishing Harry would come to my window, no more Styles family.

"What's the good news?" I try to keep a straight face.

"You and Gemma got accepted to UCLA! So she'll come with us!" My mom squeals and reveals a package from behind her.

"Oh my gosh! That's great!" I cheer.

Gemma and I have always wanted to go to UCLA. It was our dream to become actual fashion designers.

"I'm glad you're taking this well Adelaine." My dad hugs me.

"How could I not?" I examine the acceptation letter.

"Does Gemma know?" I ask. "Not yet. We want her to find out for her birthday tomorrow." My mom says.

"We were waiting until your birthday next week, but we figured we'd tell you now, since we're moving."

"When are we moving?" I ask.

"After graduation on Saturday." My dad answers.

This is all a dream come true. I get to go to my dream university with my best friend, I get to move back to my home country, and Gemma and I are graduating from high school.

What more could I ask for?

Author's Note:

Goal: 50 likes

OMFG! Don't worry! I'm just as excited as you!

This is just to catch you up on their business!