Chapter 4

Here's To Love || h.s Fanfiction

Chapter Four

Fun Fact: Book One (Here's To Us) is 23,904 words (:

"You have to promise to call me every day. Okay? The both of you." Anne is in tears as we are about to board our plane.

"I promise." Gemma laughs and hugs her mom. "And you know you can always call me if you need my help, Adelaine." Anne tells me.
"Yes, I know." I nod and smile."Yes, I do." He forces me in a hug and it takes me a while to hug back. Once I do, I don't regret it.We hugged for what felt like centuries. "You smell good." I inhale but I don't exhale because I realized what I just said.

"I mean-uh-it smells good in here." I stutter. "Yeah, okay." He laughs and pulls away from the hug. "The boys and I are playing in L.A when I leave here. If you want, you can come watch us play." He suggests. "Well, it depends if I'm studying or not." I smile.

"Adelaine Evans never studies." He shakes his head. "Okay you caught me. You know Gemma would force me to go to one of your gigs any way." I give in.

Harry doesn't seem amused; instead he tugs my arm and pulls me near the trash cans far from our families.
"What?" I ask. "Keep an eye on Gemma when I'm not around." He whispers. "Why? What do you mean, 'when you're not around'?"

"I live in in California now, so of course I'm going to be around both of you now. " He explains. "Why do I have to keep an eye on her?" I'm beginning to get worried.

"Because she's acting different. I know she's in physical pain; she just doesn't want to tell me. Just please, take care of her." Harry pleads.

"I will." I nod my head. Although I don't need Harry telling me this, I'd care for Gem either way."Thank you Adelaine." I can tell he's being sincere. "You're welcome. That's what friends are for, right?"

"Wait what?" He sounds unsure. "Friends. We're friends right?" I repeat myself. "Uh-yeah-of course." He stutters as he looks back at his security crew; waiting for him a few feet away from us.

"Are you okay?" I ask. There must be a reason he looked at his security. "Yeah. You have to go. You don't want to miss your flight." He says quickly and slightly pushes me forward."Why all of a sudden are you trying to get rid of me?" I read a guilty expression off his face. "You can tell me anything, you know that right?" I try to reason with him.

"I know." He nods and forces a smile. "Bye." I decided not to push it any further and wave.

"See you in L.A!" He calls to me as I walk back towards my parents and Gemma. We landed in LAX around 5 in the morning.
"Oh my god. I really should've done my make up before getting off the plane." Gemma is referring to the paparazzi.

"You look beautiful." I tell her as we collect our luggage. "I agree with Adelaine. You don't need make-up to look beautiful." My mom adds.

"You guys are so corny." She rolls her eyes playfully.

Once we collected our stuff and made it into the taxi, my parents were falling asleep.
"Okay." I shrug and pull my phone out. I log into Twitter which I immediately regret. I flinch at the pictures of Harry and I talking and hugging at the airport. I wonder what his management will think of this.
I know he's hiding something.

I just need to know what.

Goal: 80 likes