Chapter 2

Here's To Love || h.s Fanfiction

Chapter Two

_______________________________________

Adelaine's POV

"We have Gemma Styles and Adelaine Evans here with us today! You guys are also known as DIYBeauties." The interviewer introduced us.

"Yeah." Gemma spoke into the microphone.

"What made you two come up with the name 'DIY beauties' ?" He asked. "We just kind of wanted to make a YouTube channel all about DIY's and stuff like that." I explain.

"How did you two meet?" He reads off a card.

"We've actually been friends since we were three. We're a week apart. So I guess it was fate." Gemma smiles.

This is the first time I've seen her smile since Harry's left.

The interview continued until we got to the last 'quick answer questions'.

"This is for Adelaine, you and Harry dated, true or false?" My management told them they couldn't ask me those questions. And if they did, Gemma had to change the conversation.

"False." I say confidently.

I can feel Gemma staring at me. "Gemma, you have a crush on George Shelley, true or false?" He continues.

"True." She doesn't seem to mind.

---

"You girls did well." My mom came up to us as we walked backstage. "Thank you Tammy." Gemma smiles.

"So you are you guys ready for graduation?" Anne asked. "I think so." I nod. "I'm gonna go to the washroom." Gemma says unsure.

"What's with her?" My mom asked. "I don't know. I'm just going to make sure she's okay." I say as I follow her.

"Are you okay?" I ask her. "Yeah, my head just hurts. That's all." She rubs her temples. "Do you need some Advil?" I ask.

"No. I'll be fine." She forces a smile. "You know you can talk to me right?" I eye her. This isn't like her. Gemma is always the sassy-crazy one.

"I know. Adelaine, I'm fine. I promise." She touches my shoulder.

"Okay." I breathe in deep. I didn't want to push her any further and increase her pain. I know this is all about her missing Harry.

"So did you pick out a dress for graduation?" I change the conversation. "Actually, no. I need help. I have one for my birthday tomorrow; I just need one for graduation." She pouts as she opens the restroom door for me.

"Well, you came to the perfect person for help." I smile.

"Shopping?"

"Shopping." I nod.

***

"Purple or blue?" She reveals two mid-thigh length dresses.

"Blue is totally your color." I point to the light blue one.

"Need some help?" A male voice asks. Gemma and I look at each other before turning around to see who it was.

"George?" I ask. "What are you doing here?" Gemma tries to hide her smile.

"Well, I tried phoning you guys earlier, but you didn't answer. So your fans told me where you guys were." He laughs and points outside the store; where hundreds of fans were screaming.

"Wow." I wave and turn back into the conversation.

"Anyways, I was awfully offended that you guys didn't invite me to Gemma's birthday tomorrow and your graduation." He acts like his chest hurts.

"I didn't want a big party. It's just a small family get together." Gemma weakly smiles. "Family?" He asks. "Without Harry of course." She adds.

"I mean this in the nicest way possible, but he's going to be at a club in Italy tomorrow." George seems unease.

"Of course." Gemma throws her hands up in the air to show frustration. "I'm sorry; I just thought you should know. I'll see you around." He leaves after giving both of us a hug.

"Gemma, I'm really sorry." I put the dress I had in my hands back on the rack. "It's not your fault." She shakes her head.

"I wish there was something I could do."

"Just take me home. I'll wear the same dress to graduation. I just don't want to be in public right now." She sniffles. "Okay." I nod and lead the way out of the store.

---

Friday

"Happy birthday!" I burst into Gemma's bedroom with a giant banner.

She's startled and pants hard. "Oh my god, you scared me Adelaine!" She throws the pillow at me.

"Hey! You should be thankful." I drop the banner. "Thank you so much. I love you." She reaches her hands out so I can hug her.

"I love you too." I quickly run up to her and attack her in a hug.

"Okay, too much love." She groans. "Good morning sweetie. Happy birthday." My parents walk in as well.

"We couldn't wait to give you this." My mom hands her a box. "You guys didn't have to." She gasps and takes the box.

I didn't even know they got her something.

She revealed a beautiful necklace. It had the letter 'G' as a charm. "Oh it's beautiful." She cheers and examines it more.

"My turn." I say and bring out our acceptance letter to UCLA. "We got accepted!" I hold out the paper.

"Oh my god, really?" She takes it and reads it.

"OH MY GOD!" She screams and gets out of her bed to jump up and down. "We leave after graduation." I add.

"Awe, this is perfect." She rushes me into a hug.

"It's not perfect yet."

Author's Note:

Goal: 70 likes

In this book it'll be focusing more on Gemma (:

You'll find out more towards the end of this story c;

Please tell me if this is getting boring, I feel like it is.