Prologue

And then that swift black smudge appeared now in front of me, ready to accept my final wish which will be experienced by the world. The sword was unsheathed and pierced through my heart, to the world it was the perfect assassination, but to me, it was my last gift. this gift, I am giving to Nnually and Cera, the gift of a gentler world, a world belonging to the people.

The blade now pulled out, crowds  gasping in utter shock as the carmine blood of the demon stains the Britannian flag, and the stumbles forth from the structure and slides onto the side of his dear sister. 

Nunnally cries for me to come back, I know it must be horrible for her, but it is a necessary sacrifice. I wish I get to apologize to Shirley and Euphie, but I doubt such a gift will be bestowed upon a treacherous demon. I wish Nunnally does not hate me like the rest of the world, but no, such a prospect is not possible. Nunnally must hate me. In the end, I am just another selfish human, longing for acceptance. I deserve hell as repentance for the various sins I've committed. 

I am sorry Cera, I believe I fall short for the expectations you had for me, but I am glad that you will be able to live life rather than collect experience. I am sorry for not fulfilling your promise.

Nunnally, my sister, my purpose, I am sorry I will not be able to experience the new world now that you've opened your eyes. You've grown into a fine young woman, I am truly proud. Even if you loathe and despise your selfish older brother, just know, I will always love you, little sister.

 Nunnally's cries gradually become distant morphing into a whisper, my world darkens, then I am left all alone surrounded by utter darkness closing into me.

I... destroy...the world...and...create it...anew.

*                                                                                                                                                                                                    

*

*

My eyes open, suddenly revealing a world of red and black accompanied by star fragments and broken glass. I looked around, unable to decipher where I am. I noticed I was bound by gold chains to the cold floor of this new place.

'Am I alive? so the zero requiem failed?'

'Or is this what hell looks like? seems like I will not get a chance to meet Shirley and Murphy again. that is to be expected'

I closed my eyes again, trying to appease my growing questions. then...

" Oh, Lelouch you're certainly dead", a female voice whispered in my ears. I opened my eyes immediately seemingly to want to view my eternal warden, but instead, I saw...mother.

"what are you?", I asked quite fiercely after seeing THAT...WOMAN. My eyes darting around the figure as I tried to absorb more details to ensure whether they are the same. If my warden took this form to torture me, then this working quite well. 

The woman did not respond but after a while, a subtle smirk flew across her face, then she proceeded onto saying, "Who am I? well, I am God, I am this world's collective unconscious and your damsel in distress, as you saved me from your parents. I am no individual, I am everything, I am the clogs of the universe while the universe itself is me".

"well, you have quite the sense of humour", I said sarcastically, this person or rather an entity was entirely my mother except she completely isn't. She resembled her small subtle mannerisms and spoke in the tone and manner I would expect her to normally do, but this is not her. 

"Lelouch, I am not your mother, I am wearing all the masks she would show you in order to be your mother.", she blankly answered reading my thoughts, then she continued, " you will nither be sent to 'heaven' nor to 'hell', instead you will be reincarnated into another world containing the code and blessings from 'god' itself. You have created a strong presence in this world you used to live in so your memories or 'you' will be sent to another individual is you but does not yet have 'you', or more precisely your memories. In short, you are going to be reborn, Luluko"

I stared at her as she continued, baffled by the sheer amount of bizarreness occurring around me. I do not wish to live again.

"You have no choice in the matter, all code bearers start off like this but living for eternities makes them forget their history in the previous world. Your presence is too strong and it cannot be destroyed that is why it is hard to incorporate you into the collective unconscious, besides your love will be with you 'shortly', you may also consider this as a reward for saving me"

what is she saying, ' my love will join me soon', 'so this is how code bearers are created'. My thoughts are mixing and separating causing me to thoroughly contemplate what is it saying, but saying cera die, I created this world for her. " will cera die?", I could not help but ask with utter confusion.

"yes, and you two will spend an eternity together. Lelouch, you are not as selfless as you think of yourself to be, you are human. You want to be loved, you orchestrated your suicide for Nunnaly's sake and the world's but not your own. Suzaku pressured you into this in a way. You did not want to die. You wanted to live your life with Nunnally and cera. "

This 'thing' knew me quite extensively, it told me the thoughts, I desperately wished to burry. I was left baffled, my mouth gaping open accompanied by chill from the golden metallic chains. I did want to live forever with Cera, I gave Nunnally's wish, now is the time to grant Cera's wish, albeit not in the same world.

"I am quite glad you understand, Luluko.", the figure of my mother was smiling at me. "luluko?", I asked.

'She' looked slightly amused and was taking the form of mother I knew quite well. That cheeky smirk.

"well, you'll see", she said now her eyes closed. I wondered what would happen next.  The room turned white, the figure of my mother disappeared, the once eerie red and black plain turned milky and dark as I felt my arms and legs being pulled towards directions I could not comprehend, then golden spears pierced through me, staining this milky room kin the all too familiar carmine also staining my hands. 

My eyes closed as warmth made itself known to me. I became glad to have met 'mother' again somehow. sometimes, I don't understand myself quite well. Quite ironic isn't it the demon slaughtering hundreds without considering others' feelings, is now contemplating his own feelings towards the end of his seeming 'death'.

*

*

*

I do not own Code Geass, this is just fanfiction.

Cover credit-- wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=47417