JJ

"Please talk to me." Y/N pleaded, searching her boyfriend's eyes for any sort of guilt.
"I'm not talking about it Y/N!" He snapped, pushing her out of the way and walking down the hall towards the kitchen. Y/N's eyes swelled with tears as the boy kept walking.
"JJ Maybank! Come back here! I don't care if you don't want to we're talking about what happened!" She screamed, pushing herself off the floor where she had landed when he pushed her, and made her way towards the broken boy.

"I told you! I'm not talking about it! So just fucking back off! You're being a clingy bitch! This is why Rafe left you!" He yells as her angry facade starts to fall. He knew he had crossed a line, and he once again didn't care. Right now all he could think about was the money he had stolen. He knew it wasn't right. But he needed it. And Barry had a gun pointed at all of them. He deserved it.

Y/N stepped away from the boy and turned away from him to not allow him to see the tears cascade down her face. "Fine. I'll go. But don't expect to see me again." She sighed calmly, not caring to pack a bag, or grab her phone. She knew what she was going to do. So she grabbed her keys and walked out the door. JJ sighed and noticed her phone still on the table. He contemplated bringing it to her, but he decided against it. What point was he going to make if he brought her her stuff!

Y/N drove and drove. She ended up at the Thornton residence. She rhythmically knocked on the door, waiting for Topper to recognize the special knock. She and Topper and been friends forever, so when Y/N's dad got bad, she would end up here, and to avoid conflict they created their own knock. "Y/N? What's up?" He asked opening the door.
"Oh my God Y/N!" He yelled, noticing the bruises and cuts along her body. He pulled her into the large house and picked her up to carry her towards the bathroom. Y/N usually would fight against this, but her body was too tired to to fight.

"Did JJ fucking do this? I knew he was a piece of shit." Topper sighs, setting her down on the counter and pushing her legs apart so he could stand in between them. He started to clean the large gash on her forehead from when she fell and hit the dresser. "Did he push you?"
"Yeah. But I'm okay it wasn't that hard." She sighed, leaning into his touch.
"No, it clearly was that hard, you have a gash on your forehead. Not to mention the bruises."
"Ah!" She seethed when Topper accidentally bumped into her wrist.
"What! What hurts?" "My wrist.. and- and my back." She sobbed.
"Yeah, it's swelling and bruising. Holy shit! Okay there's a piece of glass in your back, the adrenaline must have kicked in so you didn't feel it, I'm gonna take you to the hospital, can you walk?" She tried hopping off the counter and ended up stumbling. "Woah I've got you, I've got you." He picked her up and carried her off to his car.

"Alright we're going to take you into surgery to get the glass out and then we'll address the other injuries." The nurse says. Y/N squeezed Topper's hand as the nurse injected the anesthesia into her veins. Topper kissed her forehead as she fell asleep and the nurse took her away.

Topper sat in the waiting room, worried sick about Y/N. That was a huge piece of glass. JJ walked in, spotting the Kook with his head in his hands. "Topper! Where's Y/N?" JJ yells, catching the attention of a couple nurses.
"She's in surgery. There was a huge shard of glass in her back." Topper sighed, knowing Y/N wouldn't want him to yell.
"Oh God... Is she going to be okay?" The Pogue asks, sitting down next to him.
"Yeah, but I don't know if you should be here. You caused this." Topper finally yelled, pushing JJ's shoulder. The nurse looked up, hearing Topper snap. "I'm her boyfriend! Of course I should be here!" He yelled back.
"Not if you caused the injury! She wouldn't be here if you hadn't have pushed her!" Topper yelled again.
"I have a temper!"
"That's no excuse for shoving someone! She had a shard of glass stuck in her back JJ! You pushed her so hard that something got lodged in her goddamn back! Just go!" Topper snapped for the final time, grabbing JJ by the collar and pushing him toward the exit. As JJ was walking out the rest of the Pogues entered, watching JJ walk out.
"Topper? Is she gonna be okay?" Kie asks, sitting in the chair next to him.
"Yeah, she's in surgery right now, she'll be okay." Truth be told, Topper didn't know if she was really going to be okay. She had lost a lot of blood. And the shard of glass was huge. And the mental state she was in was going to be there for a while.

"Family of Y/N Routledge?" The nurse asked, walking into the waiting room.
"Yes!" Topper asked, shooting up from his chair. "She's awake now." The nurse smiled, letting the group up to see her.
"Hey guys." Y/N smiled, watching everyone pile into the room.
"Y/N!" John B exclaimed, rushing over to his sister. "I'm okay John." She smiled.
"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. I never should have let this happen. I should have been there. Instead I was with Sarah. I'm never leaving your side again. We could have lost you!" John B sobbed, kneeling down by her bed, holding onto her hand.
"Hey, hey, John, I'm okay. I'm going to be okay." She cooed, pushing his hair out of his face.
"I'm so sorry. JJ loves you I didn't think he would lash out like that." The boy cried, never letting go of her hand.

"Hey, how you feeling?" Kie asks, pulling up another chair from the other side of the room.
"Pretty good. My back feels better but my wrist hurts." She chuckled, leaning into Kiara's touch.
"Y/N!" Sarah exclaims, rushing towards her side. "Hey Sarah."
"I brought you some flowers and uh a large teddy bear." She laughed, setting the flowers on the table and the bear next to Y/N.
"Thank you. I love them." She smiles.
"How's John B?" She turns to Kie.
"He's okay, still blaming himself. I feel awful. I'm so sorry I feel like I'm pulling him away from you." Sarah says, turning back to sit next to Y/N.
"No no of course not. I've been with him for sixteen years, as much as I love him I will gladly let you take him away for a while." She laughed, pulling Sarah into a hug.
"Ah okay I gotta get back to The Wreck but I will back after my shift." Kie exclaims, rushing out the door.

"JJ! What are you doing here?" Kiara stops.
"I came to see my girlfriend." He sighs, pushing his blond hair out of his face.
"Be careful. If Topper sees you here it won't end well." "I know! I can take care of myself!" JJ yells, pushing past her.

"JJ what are you doing here." Sarah asks.
"I'm here to see Y/N."
"She's asleep. You can come back later."
"Nah, I'll  just wait for her to wake up." JJ says. "Okay, but don't wake her up, she's been through a lot in the past day." Sarah sighs.
"Yeah." He mumbles, walking past her and into Y/N's room.

He sat next her bed for the few hours she was asleep and held her hand the entire time. Of course he knew he had messed up, but he wouldn't let Topper or anyone else push him around about it. He also knew he had a temper, and Y/N had pushed him towards therapy, she said she would pay for it and all but he always said he could handle it. Maybe he ought to rethink that option.

Y/N's body moving snapped JJ out of this thoughts. "Hey baby." He smiled.
"Hi JJ." She softly responded, still half asleep.
"How are you feeling?" He asked gently.
"Not terrible. Pretty good considering what happened." She laughed lightly at the end. JJ grimaced, thinking of the night they had.
"I'm so sorry. Everyone was right, I'm turning into my dad." He shifted uncomfortably, the realization settling in.
"No, no you're not. You could never be your dad. You're worse than your dad." Y/n let out a final breath as her whole body relaxed.

"JJ! JJ!" Y/n yelled, shaking his body awake.
"Oh my God Y/n! Oh my God you're okay!" He sobbed, pulling her fragile body into his arms.
"JJ, honey, you have to calm down, I can't understand you." She soothed, running her fingers through his hair.
"I, I had a dream, that I pushed you, and you got a chunk of glass stuck in your back and I went to visit you at the hospital and I, I said I was turning into my dad and you said that I couldn't, cause I was worse than my dad, and then you died and I couldn't handle it." He sobbed, gripping onto her like a baby koala.