bonus 1. salt and vinegar chips

"Sorin, I know I don't show my love and affection outward, but I want you to know that I love you. A lot. I really, really love you," Zalia sniffles as she pours herself another shot of vodka. As she's about to throw it back, Sorin quickly takes it away.

"Yes, I know that. That's why we got married," he chuckles as Zalia pouts. "No more liquor for you."

"But we haven't drunk a Walmart's aisle yet." Zalia, very unlike herself, tears up.

"Trust me. You all drank a store's worth already," he mutters, looking around their apartment lounge.

Even though Sorin is the groom, he decided not to partake in the drinking, fearing Zalia would wake him up at 5AM 'just for fun' without any regards to his pounding hangover. This didn't stop the other five from drinking until they passed out, with Yasmine and Teresa cuddled on the other couch together, Rielle on top of the kitchen island, and Vi on the ground.

"I'm hungry and I need to pee," Zalia complains, shaking her legs like a five year old. "I need to eat dry snacks to evaporate all the liquid in my bladder."

Sorin narrow his eyes, tilting his head to the side. "I don't think it works like that... but hey, you're the body expert in our relationship. Both scientifically and—"

"Sorin, can you just get me food instead of making all my words into dirty jokes?" Zalia whines. With all the liquor in her system, handling Sorin's innuendoes is just something she isn't capacitated to do.

"Fine, babe," he complies, kissing the top of her head. He heads towards the pantry, but upon looking inside inside, all he finds are boxes of expired cereal and Candy.

The girl, not the food.

"Oh, hell," Sorin murmurs as she falls onto him, unconscious. Supporting Candy with one hand and grabbing a box of Trix with the other hand, he makes his way back to the lounge.

"We only have cereal," he tells Zalia, handing her the box as he places Candy on the couch next to her.

Zalia frowns as she looks up to Sorin, the tears that had been threatening to spill out earlier dropping onto her cheeks. "But Trix are for kids."

Sorin laughs, wiping them away with the pad of his thumb. "Just eat it. It's okay."

"I want Lay's Salt and Vinegar chips, though. So the acid can burn my tongue until it falls off," she requests sweetly, clasping her hands together and laughing maniacally.

Sorin, knowing he wouldn't be able to leave the apartment with six blackout drunk people unsupervised— and also knowing not to question Zalia— picks up his phone and dials a familiar number. After a few rings, he finally picks up.

"Hey, Sorin. What's up?" James, his step-brother, greets on the other end.

"Hey, little bro," Sorin responds cheekily. He laughs as he can practically feel James' irritation through the screen.

"I told you not to call me that," James responds in annoyance.

Sorin completely ignores him. "So, little bro, remember that time I illegally broke you out of that Daisy place even though I work in law?"

"Are you gonna ask me to do something illegal? I'm down," James says, almost excitedly.

"If I was, you definitely would not be the first person I would ask," Sorin laughs, much to James' irritation. "No, I just need you to buy some salt and vinegar chips for me."

"That's it? That's why you called me?" James asks incredulously. "No. What the hell?"

Sorin sighs, watching as Zalia tries to stand up to go to the bathroom but failing and falling back onto her seat each time. "No, you see, Zalia and all her friends are so drunk they can't function, and—"

"Hey!" Zalia slurs, quickly snatching the phone away from him. "Hi James! Just so you know, I wanted to drink more, but your stupid step-brother won't let me. I wholeheartedly regret getting married to him—"

Before she can rant anymore, Sorin pries the phone away from her hands, quickly resuming the conversation as if nothing had happened. "So as you can see, I can't leave them and Zalia really wants the chips—"

"Hold the fuck up," James interrupts, trying to process whatever had just went down. "...When did you two get married?"

Sorin briefly glances at the clock. "About three hours ago, give or take."

The other end is silent.

"Anyways, can you buy them and bring them to the apartment?" Sorin asks impatiently, gently holding Zalia down by the shoulder so she doesn't fall onto her face.

"I swear, both of you are batshit crazy," James mutters. "Yeah, I'll buy it. But only because you're a newlywed. See you whenever the hell I come."

"Better be soon or Zalia's going to kill me," Sorin murmurs.

"I know over ten ways to kill a person with no bloodshed," Zalia smiles absentmindedly.

"Yeah, whatever," James dismisses, hanging up the phone.

☄︎. *. ⋆
⋆·˚ ༘ * 🔭

"Here, your wedding present." James throws two bags of off-brand salt and vinegar chips into Sorin's arms, taking a seat on the coffee table. "Hey, Zalia."

Even when drunk, James makes sure to be polite to Zalia. Although he's the laid back, nonchalant type who gives zero fucks about anyone except Alexia, he makes sure to always respect Zalia.

Because she isn't joking when she says she can dissect people without any blood on her hands. And being one of the top ranking forensic pathologists in her lab, both literally and legally.

"Oh look! It's James. How are you?" Zalia greets sweetly, very obviously still drunk. "Thank you so much for the chips. I'm about to pee myself."

"What type of high end grocery store did you go to?" Sorin mumbles, looking at the bag of chips. "Fiona's Farm Vinegar and Salt Chips?"

"I don't give a shit," James smiles sarcastically, standing back up. "Anyway, I gotta go now. Congrats on eloping or whatever."

Sorin presses his lips together in irritation as he watches him leave. "That little motherfu—"

"The chips don't help. I need to pee now." Zalia stands abruptly, wobbling as she tries to walk towards their bathroom.

Sorin laughs, wrapping his arm around her and supporting her the way there.

Just when Zalia's about to go inside, she swivels around and places a quick peck on Sorin's lips, giggling immaturely as she locks the bathroom door. "Love you."

Sorin smiles genuinely from the chaste kiss, shaking his head at his wife. "I love you too," he whispers softly, even if she can't hear him. "Forever and always."

OMG I FINALLY FINISHED THE REWRITE

ooh did I mention... the sequel might be about Candy and Vi?? hm... we'll see

rec of the chapter: idk have a nice life LOL