Present time.

The shadows closed around him, his throat still sore from the previous episode, the shortest he had ever had, and that had scared him more than anything, was his soul so black that even death couldn’t live within him?
He knew where they wanted to take him, the shadows, the moment he landed on the snow the first time he knew they had already made the decision for him, but he also feared it'd too late, he really didn't know which he'd preferred, for it all to finally be over, or for his string to stay intact, but he let them lead him back, take him straight where Will stood.

He'd remembered the promise he had made to his sister at that very site that they had taken him, he remembered looking up to the sky and telling her they'd all pay, that he would make sure they remembered the hades' kids, they had wronged, and that was when he knew why they had brought him there, they showed him that even if he forgot they’d never, and he was not allowed to leave, allowed to quit, he wasn’t allowed rest.

When he reached he felt everything else drain away, and he stared right at the shocked eyes of the Councilor of the house of the sun, and he smiled as he eyes closed,

“I'm ready for my surgery” his eyes finally drifting close, his body falling, the shadows retreating back to where they had all been hiding.

🎉 You've finished reading Why You Should Never Mess With Cupid {𝔓𝔧𝔬 𝔉𝔞𝔫𝔣𝔦𝔠} 🎉